𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 (𝙿𝚝.8)

After the whole ordeal, Kokichi came out of the bathroom, looking sick to his stomach.

"Ouma, are you okay?" Kirigiri asks, releasing Shuichi and kneeling beside the male due to height difference. "K-Kirigiri..can I go home...I feel sick.." Kokichi mumbles, fiddling with his shirt sleeve. Kirigiri was curious, but she wasn't one to pry into his life. That was for his mother to do.

Kirigiri nods, looking back at Shuichi, who also looked suspicious. Shuichi walked across rooms, picking Kokichi up in his arms. "We should get going. We have 30 minutes until classes begin." Kirigiri explains to the boys, getting nods form both.

The three walk towards the door, Kirigiri picking up Shuichi's bag off the table as she opened the door for the boys. Shuichi took Kokichi to the car, opening and placing him in the back seat. "Can you buckle on your own, Ouma?" Shuichi asks, one hand on the boys seat, the other on the door.

Kokichi chuckles and nods, petting the ravens head. "Yeah, don't worry about me, Shuichi." Shuichi eyes widened as he stared at the other in shock. He only ever called him by nicknames. So just what the hell had happened to him in the few minutes he was gone?

Shuichi gulped, nodding as he bent down, hugging the smaller gently. "Get better soon." Shuichi whispered to Kokichi and although to others it may not seem serious. To Shuichi though? It was the most important thing in the universe that Kokichi got better and back to his usual hyper and cocky self.

Kokichi nodded, patting the other ron the back. Shuichi pulled away, closing the door as he sat in the passenger side seat.

Kirigiri entered the car aswell, throwing the raven his bag as she shut her car door and turned the key. "Buckle up. I am not getting a ticket, nor am I going to set out in the cold after getting my car taken and risking either of you getting hypothermia." Kirgiri sighs, buckling her seatbelt as she waited on tow more clicks.

With that, the three were off.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The three stopped at Kokichi's apartment and saw a white motorcycle parked outside, which wasn't usually there. All the other apartments were vacant due to the more 'rich looking' hotels, motels and apartment complexes around the area.

Shuichi looked to his mom, who looked back at him, both sharing the same look. "Who is that?" Kirigiri looked back to Kokichi, who had fallen asleep on their ride. She sighs, looking back at Shuichi, then to her watch.

She looked up from the watch to Shuichi, who was staring out the window. She looked past him and saw the person who was recently on the bike emerging. The, what they thought to be woman had a helmet on as they tried to speak to the family through the glass and the helmet.

Kirigiri rolled Shuichi's window down a little. "Hello? Do you need something?" Kirigiri asked the person, leaning forward in her seat to get a better look at the person.

The person nodded, looking back at Kokichi in the backseat and pointing. The two detectives eyes widened, Shuichi quickly dropped his pocket knife, holding it to the person's throat.

The person quickly held their hands up, reaching up to take their helmet off. Their hair fell from the helmet to reveal a masked male Shuichi knew as Korekiyo Shinguji.

Shuichi gasps, retreating his knife. "I apologize for the intrusion but Miss Tsumiki told me to wait on Ouma to care for him today. Korekiyo's eyes closed, making it obvious he was smiling behind his mask.

Shuichi glared at the male, not fond of the idea of leaving Kokichi alone, defenseless and vulnerable with him of all people. Shuichi shakes his head, beginning to roll up his window. Much the his dismay, his mother pressed the buttons to row the window on down.