𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚗. (𝙿𝚝.27)

A dimly lit fireplace, accompanied by a magma shaded lantern lit up the young boys room, a nearly captivating vanilla scent lingering inside the room as the two males sat silently in the late night. "O-ouma-kun-" The elder of the two stuttered out, a cold sweat falling over him as the younger stared sternly up at him, his eyes not daring to leave the others for even a second. "Quit. Quit calling me that. My name is Kokichi. Kokichi fucking Ouma." Walking into the boys house, he had felt overly confident, he now got that. But still, he hadn't expected things to go like this. At most, he thought Kokichi would kick him out the second he arrived, so he hadn't really thought past that.

Still yet, he swallowed his common sense. "Okay, Kokichi. I promise I won't tell anyone about anything that was said here today. Will that-" Shuichi, however, had not the time to finish his sentence. "Don't, Shuichi. I do not need your pity, so just stop." By this point, Shuichi was overly befuddled. He let out a huff of laughter. "You- you seriously think I'm doing all of this because I pity you? Is that seriously what you think?" He said heartedly, staring intently back at the other male, ready for any sort of reaction that was thrown his way.

But the reaction that came was definitely not the reaction he had been inspecting. A tear. A single tears dropped down the small leaders face, and onto his checkered scarf. And after that came more. Tears slid down his pale, cold, bare cheeks, leaving not a single trail in their tracks. "K-Kokichi! Are you-" He stopped himself. Only a fool would ask a world renowned liar if he was okay. Hell, you'd have to be on a whole other level of stupid to ask a crying person if they're okay. "What's wrong? What- what did I say wrong?" He corrected himself, hesitantly, but surely, placing his hand on Kokichi's moist, cold cheek.

And though he had an image to uphold, the detective already had him figured out. Hell, he figured him out long ago, he just didn't admit to it. So, he leaned into the detective's touch, finding a sense of warmth in his chilly room. Shuichi was taken aback by this, but he didn't move. He didn't have the guts to ruin such a beautiful moment. And he especially didn't want to make Kokichi feel like he couldn't place his trust in him enough to cry infront of him.

So, they sat silently as more tears fell from Kokichi's violet eyes. And they weren't alligator tears at all. No, they were genuine tears. Tears that the boy had been keeping to himself for far too long. Tears that he needed, more than anything, to get out of his system.

-------

'How did it get to this?' Shuichi wondered, staring blankly at the ceiling. 'Oh, yeah.' He thought to himself, recalling that he had originally came for the purpose of helping Kokichi. But a few hours ago, 'help', did not mean this.

Unlike an hour ago, which know felt like such a long time ago, he was now lying down. "Don't you dare move, you asshole." Kokichi muttered into his chest. Yes, I said his chest. Shuichi was now leaned against the headboard of Kokichi bed, with the boy in choosing wrapped around his lower torso, sort of like a monkey, but more- human.

Shuichi sighed, feeling like a deflated whoopy cushion at the moment. "Kokichi, I have to head home soon. I didn't tell Mom I'd be staying the night." Shuichi said reluctantly, not really sure of how Kokichi would react to that one. "Tough. You shoulda left when I told ya to." Shuichi groaned, sinking into the bed. "Well, can you at least get the cover?" Shuichi asked, glancing to the blanket that had been messily thrown to the side. It looked like someone had been in a rush.

Kokichi, thinking it his turn, groaned, lazily feeling around behind him, before pulling the cover over top of him and the raven. "There, now go to bed. Also, I don't want a word about this tomorrow." Shuichi was a little confused at first, but his expression softened, and eventually turned into a small smile as he saw the pink dust that was smeared across the boys ears as he clung comfortably to Shuichi's slim frame.

And eventually, he was out like a lightbulb. "Mn. I wasn't planning on it." He yawned, feeling his deprivation of sleep catching up to him. And for the first time in a long while, he, too, fell asleep.

-------

:") I'm sorry it's so short, but I figured this would be a good stopping point, sooooo- Yeah. Love y'all, have a wonderful day/night/afternoon!!! <3

-Mei-chan-