𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 (𝙿𝚝.23)

-𝙺𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚒 𝙿𝚘𝚟-

Truth be told, after Ibuki's proposal and talking to Shumai for the first time in a while- "I feel like shit..." I groan into my checkered cover beneath me. I can't talk to Rantaro, because I don't want to force my emotional mood swings on him. Not Kaediot, because I feel a little guilty for putting her life at risk. Again. Not Kiyo or Shumai...for very obvious reasons.

I say in silence for just a moment later, before shooting up like a lightbulb. "Kirumom!" 

--- -- - -- ---

-3𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚘𝚟-

Instead of spending her time on doing something productive, like cleaning, caring for her ill sister, or maybe even cooking for the members in her household. No. On this Saturday. The only Saturday that she got off work- she was stuck babying Kokichi about all his life problems. "Ouma-kun. Calm down. You have been crying for nearly an hour." The woman let out an exasperated sigh, followed by a small but muffled chuckle.

She adored Kokichi for always lightening the mood in any and all situations. But she also adored him for acting human. She knew better than anyone else how hard it was to be perfect and stick straight to one personality all the time. Hell, she shocked herself when she committed Ryoma's murder- "Wait just a moment. Suppose I know where Ryoma is at the moment. Would he possibly make you feel at ease?" She suggested, although she felt a bit more hopeless as the boy sat still in her arms.

She sighed, shaking her head sadly. "Such a pity that someone as kind as Shuichi would inflict such ungodly amounts of pain upon another being. Sometimes, changing can either lead you to the very best part in your life, or perhaps even the very worst. In his case he had the latter, did he not?" She smiled, attempting to make small talk with the smaller.

Still yet, he remained unmoving and silent. 'Poor boy...Shuichi's sudden change must have hit him tenfold what it had the rest of us.' Kirumi shook her head, pulling the boy closer to her chest and embracing him tighter. "..Mom?" Kokichi muttered, his expression hidden behind the shadow of his dark bangs. "Hm?" The woman said quietly, rubbing his head gently with her hand.

Ever so slowly, he began to stir in her arms, to the point of where he was looking at her but she couldn't quite see past his bangs. "Why- why does everyone hate me so much?"

-----

Not much to say but sorry for such a short chapter T-T

Love y'all <3

-Mei-chan-