Chapter 3

Ali woke up from his sleep looking around everywhere, still preoccupied with the dream he had and the image of the young man he saw in the dream and the sentence he said to him. He left the room heading towards the elder's room to tell him about the strange dream he had. When Ali entered the room, he found the elder sitting in his strange chair and holding his strange stick. When he saw Ali, he said to him, "Did you wake up, my son? How was your sleep? Did you rest from the fatigue of traveling?" Ali replied, "Yes, grandfather, but I woke up frightened from a strange dream." The grandfather asked, "What did you see, my son? Hopefully, it was a good dream by the will of Allah." Ali continued, saying, "I saw strange people riding horses and holding shiny swords. One of them was a young man dressed in a strange costume, with a dagger on his waist and a sharp sword in his hand. He approached me and put the sword on my neck and said, 'Your end will be on my hands, as I am waiting for you.' What does this mean, grandfather?"

The elder said, "Don't worry, my son. Be prepared for the task you will be entrusted with and be knowledgeable about everything. Now, they will bring us food for lunch and then I will continue the rest of the story."

"Okay, grandpa, I am eager to hear the rest of the story," Ali replied.

The servants brought the food to the elder's room, and it was a delicious meal with various dishes of meat, chicken, rice, and vegetables, all with a delicious flavor of the countryside.

"But, grandpa," Ali asked, "does what I saw in the dream have any connection with the task I will be entrusted with?"

The elder replied, "Yes, my son. I don't want to lie to you. What you saw in the dream means that they are ready to receive you and that they are preparing for you. It is strange that they know who the chosen person for the task is, and this raises my question of how they knew it was you."

Ali was surprised and asked his grandfather, "Who are these people you're talking about?"

"You will know, my son, when I finish the story," the elder replied.

Ali washed his hands, and while he was washing them, he looked at the woman and examined her neck, where it hurt him. But in reality, the pain was not just a normal dream.

After he finished washing his hands, he went to the room and took his place, ready to hear the rest of the story.

"I'm ready to hear the story, grandpa," Ali said.

"After Abu Al-Qasim swore to prevent Tayam(the fortune-teller) from reaching his son and to prevent him from marrying his daughter in any way, he and the council advisers agreed to wage war on Tayam's house and make him pay the price for thinking of approaching the Salmani's house and his family. On a moonless night, Salmani gathered his soldiers to attack Tayam and kill him. Salmani reached Tayam's house and kicked the door hard, but only his daughter was there. When Salmani saw her, he became angry and said, 'So, you are the one who tempted my son with your beauty. Then I will end your life.' Salmani killed the innocent girl who had no fault in this story. Salmani then searched for Tayam everywhere to kill him too, but he didn't find him. However, he left two soldiers close to his house to check for any trace of him when he appears," the elder continued the story.

At that time, the fortune-teller Tiyam was in another place on the outskirts of the town, and he had a hidden house in one of the mountains where he practiced magic and divination. At that time, Tiyam saw what happened to his daughter in a courtyard with enchanted water, in which he could see the things he wanted to know about. He became furious when he saw what happened to his daughter, who was killed without any wrongdoing, except for being his daughter.

The fortune-teller swore to make the lives of Salmani and his son never-ending wars, but the fortune-teller disappeared from the town for a year. During that year, Qasim had managed to get rid of the spell that was cast on him by the fortune-teller through one of the tribe's elders who helped him to do so. Salmani chose a wife for his son Qasim, and she was the daughter of one of his advisors. She was beautiful, but not as beautiful as the fortune-teller's daughter.