Chapter 6

After spending the night thinking about his wife Janna, Ali couldn't forget her face when he saw it in the mirror. He fell asleep to escape from this thought. The next morning, he had breakfast with his grandfather and listened eagerly to hear the rest of the story and what happened afterwards. Ali entered his grandfather's room, greeted him, and sat beside him. The grandfather ordered the servants to bring food immediately and asked Ali, "How was your night, my son?"

Ali replied, "Thank God, grandfather, but something strange happened yesterday. As I was walking to my room, I looked into the mirror beside it, and suddenly, I saw my wife Janna's image appear in front of me in the mirror as if she was blaming me for what I did to her without any guilt. Can you tell me why it was a condition to end my marriage to her before starting the mission? This was very painful and it broke both her and my heart, especially since I love her so much."

The grandfather said to him, "I don't know, my son, why you specifically had to get rid of your marriage as a condition for executing your law. It was a strange condition, but it was necessary for you to be able to receive the book and start the mission. However, I remember that the person who executed the seventh law a hundred years ago wrote, upon receiving the last chosen one to execute the final law before handing over the book, that he must divorce his wife and get rid of his marriage, and he will know the reason during his mission as to why he had to divorce her."

Ali said, "There must be a reason for my divorce from Jana, and it seems to be a serious matter that I don't know about, for it to be a condition for me to receive the book." The grandfather said, "Don't worry, my son. You will find the answer to everything when the time comes. Let's have breakfast now, and then I will continue telling you the rest of the story of your grandfather Khalid and his mission in the city of Washindi."

Ali and his grandfather had breakfast, and then the servant brought two cups of tea. The grandfather settled himself on his armchair and prepared himself to continue telling the story.

alan entered the judgment hall to meet with Tiyam the seer, and upon arriving, Nalan said, "My lord, my mother told me that you need me for a matter of great urgency. What is it then?" Tiyam replied, "Yes, my son, listen to me carefully. You have now completed twenty years of age, and there is an important matter that you need to know. Sit down and let me tell you everything."

Tiam told Nalan the story of his daughter's murder, and how his eldest sister was the one who committed the murder, and how Khaled Al-Mukhtar was the first to implement the first law of the book of laws that he wrote. The laws would only appear with his permission. The way Tiam narrated the story to Nalan made him fill with anger, hatred, and readiness to fight Khaled, with his ultimate goal being to defeat him. The winner would have the tribes sing his name for a hundred years until another person from his descendants completes the series of laws, culminating in the final law after eight hundred years.

Nalan said, "Now I understand, my father, what is required of me. Is it a war with swords and horses, or is it a war of bodies? What kind of challenges have you put forth for us to overcome?" The seer replied that the war Nalan and the grandson of Al-Salmani will fight is a war that includes everything - physical, mental, and psychological - and the strong will be the one who will emerge victorious. The laws were designed to test the character, physical and mental strength, and faith of the winner.

Listen, my son, I want you to win, but I cannot cheat you or tell you what is in the book because you will also receive the same book, and the law will appear to you at the same time it appears to Khaled Al-Salmani. You and he will meet in the great battlefield, and we will give the signal to begin, and you will do what appears to you." Nalan asked, "Do you know what will appear in the book?"

The fortune-teller said, "Unfortunately, I do not know what the rules, challenges, and tasks are, because the one who made these rules is a king among the jinn when I asked him to create a book for me with eight laws to be executed every hundred years, including wars and missions that involve mental, physical, and psychological battles, as well as the power of faith. When I asked him to know what these laws are and how they will be, since I wanted to be aware of everything, his condition was that I should not know anything so as not to be biased towards my tribe, and that the war would be fair and that the winner deserves to win without cheating."