Chapter 9

Tiam stood in front of his father, each one looking at the other with hatred and malice. Tiam said to his father, "Don't look at me with that look and don't pretend to be a good and innocent person. I am the disobedient son who almost killed his father. Did you ever think about what made me do that? You are the reason, father. You were an unjust father and you were the one who separated me from my siblings. You favored them over me and didn't give me the same love and care that you gave to my non-biological siblings. Because you didn't love my mother, you treated me badly, don't forget that you are the one who planted your hatred in my heart with your bad treatment of me. And you are also the reason for my expulsion from the tribe."

The father looked and said, "Maybe you're right about what you're saying, but it was me who caused this. I separated you from your siblings because of my hatred towards your mother, which blinded me and made me take you as her accomplice. I thought I would blame and reproach you for what you did to me, but maybe I'm the one who started this spark. My treatment of you was extremely bad."

Nalan and Khalid were looking at each other while witnessing the blame and accusations between the father and son. Each one of them expressed what was in their hearts and the truth began to unfold.

Tiam said to his father, "I have never regretted what I did to you for a single moment. If the days were to come back, I would do the same to you, because you deserve it and much more. You are not innocent, but rather the true criminal, and not me."

Suddenly, the winged creature appeared in the battlefield and created a circle of fire surrounding Teiam and his father. Teiam screamed at the creature and asked why this fire was surrounding them.

The creature replied, "This fire is ignited within your hearts, and it will not be extinguished until you put out the fire in your hearts."

Tiam said to the creature, "The fire in my heart has not gone out for years, and I thought it had calmed down when this man was far away from me. But you awakened it again and brought him back into my life, and the fire increased and raged in my heart. I will never forget what this man did to me and my mother. I will never forget the day he expelled me and my mother from the tribe and made Salmani the leader. I was seventeen years old, and my mother was sick, but this man showed her no mercy because he hated her for being forced to marry her by her father. What was her fault? Tell me, do you still think I'm guilty, or does this man deserve to be put in this fire and burned in it?"

Khalid and Nalan were still watching and listening to this dialogue that ignited Nalan's heart with hatred and resentment towards his grandfather for what he did to Tiam. Suddenly, Khalid asked Tiam, "What do you mean by the Salmani being favored over you? Do you mean your grandfather Salmani or someone else and what is your relationship with him?" Tiam replied, "Yes, I mean my grandfather Salmani, the reason for the suffering in my life, the cause of the hell that I went through. He didn't just take everything from me, but he also killed my eldest daughter without mercy. He didn't care that in the end, I am his brother. He killed the daughter of his own brother, so that his son wouldn't marry her and so that I wouldn't return to the tribe and take revenge on him. But I will revenge against him and all his descendants, and what is happening now is part of this revenge."

Khaled couldn't believe what he was hearing, that he was part of this revenge due to his grandfather's selfishness. Nalan's heart filled with hatred and resentment towards Khaled, and he said to him, "From now on, war will be between us, Khaled. I will take the right of my father and elder sister from you and your family." The entity blew the horn, and the sound rose in the war zone, saying, "The war has ignited between all of you. Know that the fire will not be extinguished until the fire in your hearts is extinguished. Now the fourth task has begun, and it will not end until one of you triumphs over the other and extinguishes this fire. It is time now to end this task with the victory of one of you and to extinguish this fire."