Chapter 5

Khaled's amazement was evident on his face as he entered the city of Washindi. It was a beautiful city with magnificent buildings and the clothing of its people had a unique and unusual style. The city's women were also beautiful, and their clothes were embroidered with precious stones, and even the men of the city looked handsome and manly. Khaled wondered who these people were, and why this city was not visible to them and they didn't know where it was located. Everything was fascinating to Khaled, and he asked himself how he could overcome these people, who seemed to have powerful weapons, as their city was very advanced and the buildings were huge and decorated. Khaled arrived at the guesthouse, and the two men told him to rest and they would bring him food, and then he could sleep a little until tomorrow when the new mission would begin. He could read the rest of the mission in the book.

The two men left Khaled to rest, and he was still in awe of the place where he was sitting. He found a comfortable bed and cushions in his room, and suddenly the servants brought him food. He was afraid to eat the food, thinking it might be poisoned and they would kill him, but hunger gnawed at his stomach. He found a note with the food that said, "Don't be afraid, there's nothing in the food. Eat it while you're safe." The mission was not over yet, and the war had not begun. The mission would last for a month, and he had to stay in the city. The last day was the decisive day between them. Khaled relaxed a little when he read the note accompanying the food and started to eat to satisfy his hunger.

In the Palace of Ti'am :

The two men went to the Palace of Ti'am the Seer to inform him that they had completed what was asked of them, and that Khalid was now in the guesthouse where food had been served to him and he was resting before continuing his mission tomorrow. The Seer thanked the men and allowed them to leave. Ti'am sat on his huge throne, decorated with golden lion heads, and behind him were two banners with the red flag of the city of Washandi, with a tiger head and a lotus flower in the center. He ordered one of his servants to go and tell Queen Hatoun to come to him. One of the servants went and told Hatoun what the Seer had said, and after a quarter of an hour, Hatoun came to Ti'am and said to him, "What can I do for you, my lord? You ordered me to come."

Ti'am said to her, "The war has begun, Hatoun, and Khalid ibn Qasim has arrived in Washandi after receiving the book, and he is now in the guesthouse. Tomorrow, he will complete the mission."

Hatun asked, "What is the mission, and did you tell Nalan to be prepared for war? I am afraid that one day he will find out that Khalid is his twin brother."

Tiam replied, "Do not be afraid; he will never know. They do not resemble each other at all, except that Nalan has adopted our manners and way of life. He has become like us in everything. And do not forget that he is the Crown Prince of Washandi and our son, wahaj"

"But you have not told me what is in that book and what is the secret of the war that will last for the next eight hundred years, and what victory will both tribes sing about if one of them wins?" said Hatun.

"The war between us and them is not like traditional wars. Everything has become new in my city. When the Salmaniyin expelled me from the tribe because I learned magic and divination, they thought I was an evil person and that I would use magic for evil purposes to become their king. But that was not my intention in the beginning.

I learned magic to reach knowledge that I could not reach in a normal way. With the help of the jinn, I learned all the sciences of the earth and learned from their sciences what humans did not know. My goal with magic was to gain more knowledge and create my own city as I desired, but I wanted it to be a city based on science and knowledge, with a population different from all other peoples. That's why I made the city of Washindi hidden from sight, and provided it with all the means of comfort, science, and knowledge for its people, spreading justice among them. My goal was noble above all else, but when Ibn Salmani fell in love with my daughter, I wanted him to marry her so that I could return to my tribe. But Salmani didn't give me a chance and killed my lovely daughter without any guilt. So I swore to build my city, be its king, and make the Salmanis taste the bitterness they made me taste.