Chapter 13

Wahaj waited patiently for the next day, and even after nightfall had descended on the city, he snuck back into the palace and went to the house where the man was being held captive.

Wahaj arrived at the man and did the same as he did the first time; he waited for the guards to sleep and entered the man's place from behind. Wahaj was disguised so that the man wouldn't recognize him or his identity. Wahaj succeeded in smuggling the man out of captivity and took him to another location until it was time for the mission.

Wahaj detained the man in a house close to the war square so that he would be close to where they gathered, and it would be easy for him to carry out the mission. Wahaj described Nalan's appearance to the man and told him that he had to get rid of him in a way that no one would notice. The man asked Wahaj who he was and why he wanted to get rid of Nalan. Wahaj replied, "Don't ask any questions; it doesn't matter who I am. All you have to do is to carry out the mission, and then you will be free forever, and you will receive a considerable amount of money."

The man agreed, saying, "Okay, it doesn't matter who you are, but what matters to me is that I take revenge on Tiam for what he did to me. This is the golden opportunity that has come to me, and I will make him suffer when he loses his son." Wahaj instructed the man to stay in that place, and at five o'clock in the evening, everyone would gather in the war square, including King Tiam, his son Nalan, and another young man who would be with him. The man had to choose the right time to carry out what was required of him, either before or after the mission. The requirement was for Nalan to be lost, and he shouldn't be present anymore.

Today passed and the awaited time for the execution of the final task in the first law has come, and after that, we will know who the expected winner will be. It's time for the task, and everyone is on their way to the battlefield; Khalid, Nalan, and Tiam. And behind them is Hajj, but no one noticed that the man responsible for getting rid of Nalan was walking behind them from a distance. Now everyone is in the battlefield, Khalid and Nalan stand in front of each other, while Tiam sits far away in the audience seats, both Khalid and Tiam hold their books ready for the appearance of the being who will announce the beginning of the penultimate round and the last instructions in this law. Meanwhile, everyone is waiting, and Wahaj and the man are standing far away on the opposite side of Tiam, but without making him notice. Hajj said to the man, "How will you get rid of Nalan? Will you let him start the task, or will you get rid of him after the task?" The man looked at Hajj and said to him, "Not now. We will wait until they both return. Then it will be his last meeting in this place." The being appeared to announce the start of the task, saying, "Oh, the chosen ones, the time for the end has come, and this is the penultimate task in the first law. Winning it will make you enter the final task directly, and then we will announce the winner, whose name will be immortalized in the tribes for the next hundred years. The penultimate and final tasks are full of risks. You must pass all the steps and instructions because there is more than one thing that you must overcome. You must overcome all of them to win."

While this creature was giving instructions to Khalid and Nalan regarding the mission, the hired man suddenly pulled an arrow from his quiver and shot one arrow at Nalan and another at Tiam. They were shocked and confused as the man violated the agreement and tried to kill them before the mission even began. Not only did he shoot Nalan in the back, but the other arrow pierced Tiam's stomach. The creature quickly brought them infront of him, and Nalan, Tiam, and Khalid were shocked to see people who wanted to ruin the mission and wanted to kill them. The creature removed the mask from Haji and that man, but Nalan, Tiam, and Khalid could not believe what they saw. It was Wahaj, Tiam's son and Nalan's brother. How could he do this? Wahaj was in a state of shame and did not know where to hide from his father, as his plan had been exposed, and he was now in trouble.