Chapter Five

"Explain," Eunjin's three roommates said in synchronization.

"Are you secretly dating someone?" Nari asked Eunjin. "Who are you even getting married to?"

Eunjin mentally prepared herself for the voices that would be screaming at her in a few moments. She really didn't want to tell them who her future spouse was. But they would eventually find out.

"I can't believe you didn't tell us you were dating someone!" Haewon scoffed. "We literally tell you all of our relationship tea. Even when Nari was with that sketchy skateboard kid!"

"Okay, calm down" Eunjin told her friends. "When I explain everything to you I think you might ease up on the not telling you part. I'm just telling you in advance that this is going to come as a big shocker. Don't scream in my face please."

"Okay..."

"Why do I feel like she's going to get married to the skateboard kid" Nari spoke. "Praying that you're not. He was crazy as fuck."

"I'm marrying Ricky."

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! WHO BRAINWASHED YOU MY SWEET CHILD?!"

"You're referring to a different Ricky, right? Not Shen Ricky?"

Eunjin closed her eyes in annoyance, covering her ears. "I thought I said to not scream in my face."

Nari, Haewon, and Aecha took a step back from Eunjin, giving her space to comfortably explain.

"Okay, yeah, I'm talking about Shen Ricky" she confirmed for them.

The screaming started again. Nari was yelling at her for deciding to marry someone like Ricky, Aecha was in shock and Haewon was still asking why she kept it as a secret before then.

"We're not on one of those prank shows right?" Nari looked around their dorm for any hidden cameras that may have been installed.

"No, I'm actually being serious" Eunjin tried to convince Nari. "The dinner I was at was with his family."

"WAIT IS THAT WHY THEIR SON WAS JUST LIKE RICKY?" Aecha exclaimed, piecing together the puzzle. "Or does he have a brother really similar to him."

"No, I was talking about Ricky when I said that" Eunjin tried to continue the rest of her explanation. "Basically we've been seeing each other for a while now but I didn't want to tell you all because it's kind of embarrassing. Saying I used to hate him and stuff."

"'Used to'" Nari put an emphasis on one of the key words in that sentence. "Weren't you just complaining earlier today about Ricky and how much you hate him?"

"We both decided that we should pretend to continue hating each other since we didn't want to tell people that we were together," Eunjin explained, making them start to believe the lie.

Her friends were rather skeptical at first but believed her when she showed a selfie that she had taken with Ricky earlier that evening. She has forced him to take a selfie with him.

"IT'S JUST ONE PHOTO" she had to beg him when they were alone together.

"Woman, what's wrong with you?" he ran away from her, leaning against the wall. "First you talk about having sex with me now you wanna be in the same photo frame as me. You must really like me."

"SHUT UP! BOTH YOU AND I KNOW WHY IM DOING THIS!!"

Ricky let out an extremely long groan, walking over to Eunjin. The way Ricky walked was attractive. Eunjin hated having these thoughts. Sure, her husband-to-be was the most attractive person that she's ever seen but she hated every other aspect of him.

"I don't think I've seen you dress up before," Eunjin randomly noted, seeing the black button up he wore.

"High school graduation?? No??"

"Why black? You're going to blend in with the sky if you go outside."

"Hahaha, how funny," Ricky spoke dryly, rolling his eyes. "And it's summer, honey. The sun stays out longer."

Eunjin had forgotten that it was summer. If only it was winter. Winter was when everything great was. Longer nights, snow, Christmas, hot chocolate, presents and so many other things.

"Plus, the first step of being sexy is to get a black shirt" he added.

"Well that's a stupid reason to wear a shirt" Eunjin scoffed.

"I disagree," Ricky spoke. "But your opinion doesn't really matter, mine is the one that does."

Aecha stared at the online photo, squinting her eyes at Eunjin's phone screen. "That's not photoshopped right?"

"I highly doubt it," Haewon replied. "Remember that one time we all tried to photoshop things? Eunjin was terrible at it. I highly doubt she would be able to make that."

"What if she hired someone?" Nari asked. "We all know that she's rich rich."

"Why would I want to get a photoshopped photo of me with Ricky?" Eunjin wondered why they didn't believe her. She did actually get a photo with him. It took her a while to convince him so she shouldn't have to waste more time convincing her friends. "What's the point if I can just take an actual photo with him?"

"Good point," Haewon was the first to believe her. Once Haewon did Nari and Aecha eventually followed her.

Nari plopped herself down on the couch. "I can't believe you're actually marrying that guy. Either he's changed or he's nice to you or you're stupid."

"Or maybe all three" Aecha added.

"He's definitely changed a lot," Eunjin lied. Out of those options that would be the most believable. There's no way her friends could picture Shen Ricky being nice to her.

"Okay, we love you Jung Eunjin, but...we don't love your taste in men."

Nari and Haewon nodded their heads, agreeing with Aecha. Eunjin wanted to escape this conversation. She didn't want to be reminded that she was marrying Ricky soon. She didn't even know how many months of freedom she had left. Yeah, she didn't have to interact with him at home but she would have to in public. Especially since they had decided to not tell people that their relationship was arranged.

Their dorm had two bedrooms. One which Haewon and Nari shared and the other was shared between Eunjin and Aecha. Eunjin looked over at her clock, it was only 21:30 but Eunjin decided to get ready for the night. She liked getting ready for bed early, knowing she would be up for the next several hours.

Eunjin stepped into the bathroom, removing her makeup and jewelry. Aecha came in at the same time to grab her hairbrush.

"So you're actually marrying that guy," she said.

Eunjin nodded. She really wish that she wasn't but her and Ricky had decided to keep up an act. "Yeah."

"Kind of judging your fiancé but as long as you're happy."

Eunjin gave Aecha a fake smile. She wished she was happy. Doing anything other than marry Ricky would make her happy. Yet she didn't get a say in any of this, so what was the point of wasting moments thinking about other life scenarios?

~~~~

why does nct's lightstick remind me of a melona bar