Chapter Seven

Eunjin walked around campus in search of Ricky's dorm. She carried a notebook, pencil case, her iPhone, and her laptop in a simple tote bag that she hung on her shoulder. Her school's campus radiated in the summertime sunshine. It was a beautiful Sunday morning, she left early in the day to get as much planning done as possible.

Eunjin arranged to meet with her mom the next day to look for a wedding dress. She was going to bring Aecha with her as well for another opinion. Eunjin wasn't sure if she was looking forward to her wedding or if she was dreading it. It was probably a mix of both. She loved weddings but didn't exactly love the idea of marrying Ricky.

She found Ricky's dorm, or hoped she found it, and stood in front of the door. She was really hoping that she had gone to the correct place instead of some random person's dorm. She was about to knock on the front door when it opened. There was an unfamiliar face in front of hers.

"Good luck!" the annoying voice that she recognized called to the unfamiliar face.

The unfamiliar face thanked Ricky before he turned back to the door. He carried what looked like a violin case and was dressed up for some sort of performance.

"Oh, may I help you?" he didn't know who this girl standing in front of his door was. "Are you a friend of Ricky's? RICKY!"

Eunjin didn't get a chance to answer the unknown man. She assumed that he was Ricky's roommate which he had spoken of. He said that his roommate had a performance today and Eunjin was able to assume that he played the violin. Or some other orchestral instrument.

"Excuse me," Ricky's roommate said to Eunjin, pushing through. He turned around to see Ricky standing behind him. "Is this your fiancée?"

Ricky and Hao had switched to speaking in Mandarin, not wanting Eunjin to understand what they were saying. Ricky nodded his head, and shut the door next to Hao.

"Don't just close the door without letting her in!" Hao snapped at his younger.

"I'll let her inside in a moment," Ricky assured Hao, fixing his annoyed expression.

"I can't believe she agreed to marry you when you close doors in her face," Hao told Ricky. Ricky wanted to laugh. If only Hao knew that neither of them had a say in their upcoming marriage.

Eunjin stood awkwardly in front of the closed door. She was able to hear Ricky's conversation with his roommate. They were speaking pretty loudly and the dorm front door wasn't exactly the most soundproof. Eunjin had taken Mandarin when she was younger outside of school cause why not. She wasn't exactly fluent but she was able to understand most of what they were saying.

"If you two had kids later they would come out good," Hao randomly said.

"What do you mean? Like visuals wise?" Ricky didn't quite understand.

"Yeah, I mean you know that you're exceptionally good looking and from what I saw she was too. Unless you don't have kids that is."

"What if I don't wanna have kids with her?"

"Do you not like her or something?" Hao laughed. "That would be kind of funny since you're marrying her."

Ricky realized that he probably shouldn't have said that. It could be interpreted as he just didn't want kids in general but the 'with her' caught Hao's attention. He decided to make some random excuse to make it sound like he was actually really fond of Eunjin.