Chapter Ten

Eunjin emerged from the bathroom, steam escaping the room when she opened the door to exit. Her hair was wrapped in a towel to dry and she wore an oversized shirt with shorts. The humid summer weather was basically killing her.

Eunjin held a small towel in her hand, drying off her damp face. She entered the main room of their dorm to see her three roommates sitting in a circle, surrounding something.

Eunjin had been the last to shower so she was a bit behind on what was actively going on. Haewon scooted over, telling Eunjin to sit down, also revealing a small board with a spinner and many slots with sloppy writing and coloring.

Eunjin recognized the spinner board. Her and her roommates had made it together during their first year rooming together on a boring rainy day. Basically they each took turns spinning the spinner and it would land on some random slot. They had to do whatever was written on the slot. There were things on there such as 'Send a flirty text to your first crush' 'Kiss the next guy (your age) that you see' 'Ask me anything' so Eunjin definitely was scared to play. The board was basically like spin the bottle except they didn't like to call it that so they referred to it as their 'spinner board' instead.

"Oh, God, no" she said upon the sight of the board.

"Oh, yes" Haewon pulled her down to sit next to her. "It's our last year at university and after this you and I are both getting married. Let's just have fun a few more times at our dorm. Just the four of us."

"Alright" Eunjin quickly agreed, not wanting to miss out on the group activities.

Nari took the first spin. She closed her eyes, scared of the result. The spinner spun for a while but in the end it ended up landing on the 'Send a flirty text to your first crush' slot. She freaked out while reading which slot it was.

"OH HELL NAH" she raised her voice, quickly lowering it so their neighbors wouldn't complain.

"Looks like you're going to be texting sketchy skater boy" Aecha laughed, excited for what was going to happen next.

"You know what, I'll consult my girl Siri" Nari quickly picked up her phone, summoning Siri. "Hey Siri, what's a good pickup line?"

Siri quickly responded to Nari's question. She wasn't very helpful but Nari was more than glad with the response that Siri had given her.

"Just be yourself, start with a 'Hi, I'm Nari" Siri's annoying automated voice instructed her.

"That sounds great," Nari was glad that Siri had given her something not too flirty. "Let me find his contact."

"How the fuck does Siri know your name?" Aecha asked, not understanding how ios phones worked.

"She just does" Nari responded. "Y'all android users just don't get it."

Nari quickly sent the simple 'Hi, I'm Nari' message to her sketchy skateboard riding ex. Who also happened to unfortunately be her first real crush. She put her phone face down on the carpet right after the message said that it had been delivered. She feared that he would respond right away and start a conversation.

Their game continued to go on, more chaos uprising. Haewon had to call some random girl that she hadn't spoken to in six years.

"I feel bad" she was hesitant to call her. "What if she's actually doing something important? I don't want to disturb her."

"JUST CALL HER! IT'S THAT SIMPLE!" Aecha exclaimed to Haewon. Aecha was the most impatient person that Eunjin knew. And Haewon's constant worrying and hesitation triggered her.

Haewon's phone rang for a bit but the girl that she had dialed didn't pick up. Aecha had been spared with her spins. She hadn't landed on any seriously scary slots yet. The worst thing she had gotten had been Fuck Marry Kill.

Eunjin's turn came around again. She prayed that she wouldn't land on 'Kiss the next guy you see,' worrying that it would be her fiancé, Ricky.

She gave the spinner a good flick, activating it. It went around spinning and spinning and still spinning. Eventually it came to a stopping, landing on the Ask Me Anything option.

Eunjin maintained a calm expression but was a mess on the inside. She knew what her friends were going to ask her. Well she didn't know their specific question but she knew that it was going to relate to her relationship with Ricky.

"OOOH THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD" Aecha got excited.

"Do you actually like him? Ricky?" Nari got straight into it. "You have to answer honestly."

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do!" Eunjin lied to her. This was her first time lying during this game. But her friends would never know. "Why else would I be marrying him?"

"So are you looking forward to your wedding night?" Haewon asked something else, still relating to her relationship with Ricky.

"I haven't really thought about it but yes" another lie that left Eunjin's mouth. Ricky and her had both agreed that they didn't want to do anything that night. They both planned on just sleeping in their designated spaces, not contacting the other.

"Tell us how it goes" Nari said, quickly regretting her words. "Wait- please please don't. I don't want to hear about you having sex with your soon-to-be husband."

"Just don't get pregnant right away" Haewon advised her. "Cause I'm sure that you two will wanna have some time alone together. Saying before you were still both in school."

"Good point," both Nari and Aecha nodded their heads in agreement.

"Okay, can we please stop talking about me having sex with Ricky?" Eunjin was getting sick of the conversation that she was involved in. The overall topic just completely disgusted her. "Let's move on. Whose turn was it again? Haewon's, am I correct?"

It was indeed Haewon's turn and she spun the small spinner, landing on one she had gotten previously.

The rest of their night went pretty smoothly. All of the interesting things had happened at the beginning of their little game.

After about an hour or two the four girls retired to their beds. That game was mentally exhausting for Eunjin. She felt bad for breaking the rules of the game by lying but she could live with the guilt of it. She was pretty sure that she didn't want to live with Ricky being even more upset at her for exposing them.

Eunjin stared up at the ceiling, keeping a mental track of the days left to her wedding. She dreaded it but was expecting it at the same time.

One week left untill we graduate...her mind was filled only by her own thoughts, and Aecha's snoring. Four weeks left until I marry him...

~~~~
deobi...forgive me for sleeping on them for the past 4 years