Chapter Twelve

"Standing here, hoping it gets to you" lyrics filled Eunjin's ears with amazing sounds that she loved. Eunjin honestly loved Message In A Bottle, honestly, who doesn't? She walked across the parking lot of a popular shopping plaza, on her way to get Starbucks.

She prayed she wouldn't see Ricky there. Or anyone else that she knew. She honestly hated coincidentally seeing people she knew in public. It was just the most awkward thing one could imagine.

She just wanted to have a day where she wouldn't see Ricky. Especially since soon she would be spending the rest of her life with him. She would see him day, after day, after day, after day.

Eunjin was in a mood for bubble tea so she walked down the street towards the closest one. The line for Starbucks was probably long anyway so it worked out for her. She was glad that was the closest to her current location because it was one of her favorite places to get boba.

She ordered her drink and was glad that the wait was short. She decided to walk over to a library to get some studying in.

~~~~

Eunjin held her drink in her hand, wandering around the library. Yes, she had gone to the library to study but she got distracted by the romance section. There was a certain book that she had wanted to read. She had been searching for it for a while so she decided to look in the romance section of that library for it.

Her eyes scanned the small written names of the authors that were printed out on the spines of the books. She quickly found the small area of the romance section that was designated for books where the author's surname started with the letter H. She searched around for a book called To All The Boys I've Loved Before. She wanted to check it out after hearing good things about it online.

She finally thought that she found the book but it was unfortunately it was on the top shelf, out of her reach. Eunjin silently cursed her short height and her eyes looked around for a stool.

A tall male figure approached her, noticing her struggle. He quickly grabbed the book that he assumed was the one the girl had been struggling to reach. The title was in English so he was able to recognize it as a popular book.

He handed the book to the girl, turning back around to face her. They had a decent height difference and Ricky was glad he could help someone, he wasn't sure if she was his age or not. If he was he considered trying to rizz her up. Alas it would be pointless since he was wedded off to Eunjin. "I'm assuming this was the one you were trying to get?"

"Thanks" the shorter girl thanked him. He was disturbed by the realization that he knew the shorter girl.

"What the hell" he said.

"Oh-" it took Eunjin a quick moment to realize that Ricky was the person that had retrieved the book for her. She still appreciated his action but he wouldn't have helped her if he had known it was her.

Great... she thought. Just the exact person I was hoping to avoid for just once. Why is he always at the same place as me?

"You actually come to libraries?" Eunjin asked, surprised to see him in that sort of environment.

"How else would I have taken your top spot?" Eunjin always have give him the perfect opportunity to say something like that. He knew it was the main and only reason why Eunjin hated him. "People don't rank first without hard work."

Eunjin cursed at herself, regretting her words. She should know already that saying things like that would cause Ricky to bring that up. Yet every time she would say something that would remind him of that. But maybe it was her fault for being so sensitive to that topic.

Eunjin continued to hold the book in one hand, glad her hand wasn't that small. She walked off without saying any more to Ricky. She quickly checked out the book before returning back to her dorm room.

~~~~

Eunjin closed the door to the room she shared with Aecha. She let out a long sigh, wondering what her life had become.

"Why do I have to get married so soon?" she said out loud, not realizing that Aecha was sitting at her desk, studying.

"I was wondering that too" Aecha spun around her chair, startling Eunjin.

"Oh, I didn't realize that you were in here" Eunjin spoke, setting down her bag on her bed. "It's just, my mom wanted me to get married quickly. I would've preferred like ten months after school ended but I guess that's not what we're doing."

"You could've just easily declined his proposal-"

Eunjin sighed, if only. Unfortunately for her, there wasn't a proposal that she could've said 'no' to.

"But anyway," Aecha changed the topic, noticing Eunjin was annoyed about the soon date of her wedding. "How was your outing."

"Pretty good," Eunjin said. "I found that 'To All The Boys I've Loved Before' book in the library today."

"Ooooh" Aecha too, had seen things about that book all over the internet. "Tell me how it is once you finish reading it. I'll read it if you think it's good."

Eunjin nodded. "I'll read it quickly, as always. So you'll probably have time to read it before I have to return it to the library."

"No, I read books so fucking slowly" Aecha shook her head. "Unless you can extend the time it's borrowed."

"That would work. I don't think I have anything tomorrow so I can read" Eunjin had forgotten about plans that her friend had made, which involved her participation.

Aecha raised her finger, shaking it, clear enough for Eunjin to see. "Tomorrow is your bachelorette party thing that Haewon planned, remember?"

Eunjin had not remembered about that. It sounded fun but she was mentally exhausted from all the last minute wedding planning.

Eunjin plopped down on her bed, dozing off for a few hours, not sure whether she was looking forward to the next day or not.

~~~~
hao running around with that bubble wand in the encore was so cute 😭
so happy they won on his bday~~