Chapter 31: Remembering Youth

The rest of their week passed in a routine of sex, eating, discrete walk-by-fondlings, work, eating, and more sex. All three walked around in a near constant state of arousal. It was their honeymoon period.

Aiden texted both during the day. He was like a teenager all over again. Lovestruck. The anticipation he always felt coming home to Reegan was doubled with eager excitment to see them both waiting for him at the door. Kale had shifted so fluidly into their every day life, that he wanted to keep him there, forever. Maybe it was too soon to bring it up, but he knew what he wanted. When you knew, you knew, and he always went after what he wanted.

They might have gotten an odd look here and there when they went out in public, but he and Reegan were used to it. They were never a typical couple to begin with anyway. Kale tried to keep from letting it bother him, but after his experience with the court clerk, it was hard for him to easily brush it off. By Saturday, he was becoming used to sleeping in a bed with two other people, sharing a space with his odd couple, and going to work in an aroused state. Raven teased him, but it was in a loving way. Her wicked green eyes would smile, even when her lips were curled and tossing crude comments.

Reegan and Raven were out getting things for the cookout and Kale, Aiden, and Jeremy were in the backyard sitting up the grill.

Kale felt like a fish out of water. Jeremy and Aiden were deep in conversation about the people Aiden used to know. He was lost in thought and let out a squeak when Aiden's hand landed on his shoulder.

"Shorty, does that sound good?"

"Eh?" Kale shook his head and looked towards Aiden. "Sorry, what?"

"Next weekend Twisted Teasers is having a play party, you wanna go?"

Eek! Not another kinky gathering. Kale was still embarrassed over his first and only. Thank gods, it turned out to be the best night ever.

"Yeah?" It came out as more of a question, but Kale was too wrapped up in his memories.

Their conversation was cut short when they heard Raven stomping through the kitchen and out the back door.

"Thank you for helping me carry everything. Really, much appreciated," she said as she gave Jeremy the evil eye and slammed a bag of assorted meat on the table by the grill. "You're such a gentleman."

Reegan cracked up and bounced to Aiden, standing on tiptoes to kiss his chin. "She's just mad because I kicked her ass at the song game," she said over her shoulder to Jeremy.

"I work in a fucking music store. You cheated, I know you did. It was rigged."

Kale laughed at Raven's outrage, but knew never to challenge Reegan when it came to lyrics. She was like google when it came to finding out who had sung what.

"What song was it?" he asked with a smile.

Raven turned to face him and plopped down in a chair, crossing her arms and looking annoyed as hell. "All I want is to feel this way. To be this close, to feel the same. All I want is to feel this way. The evening speaks, I feel it say."

Kale shot her a blank stare and racked his brain trying to place the lyrics, but came up short. Aiden on the other hand knew it immediately.

"That would be All I Want by Toad The Wet Sprocket." Reegan cheered and gave him a high five. "Doll, that was mean, she's too young to know that song."

"Yup." Reegan said proudly.

"Oh fuck off, Aiden. Your boy toy is younger than me, so shove it." Raven examined her black nail polish, looking bored and unenthused.