Chapter 27: Pop Goes The Weasel

As soon as Kale heard Aiden's voice, he visibly relaxed. The low, menacing cadence was like a loving caress to him. Aiden was there. Everything was okay. Jason took Kale's loosening body as acquiescence. He hugged Kale to him tighter and nuzzled his ear.

"That's better, Tiger. "

Kale's eyes met Aiden's. Yup. Jason was dead. Not that he noticed, he was too busy mumuring in Kale's ear and rubbing his back. What was with the sweet words? Rambling about being back where he belongs. How right they were for each other. And if Kale wasn't mistaken, there were confessions of devoted love. Surreal, no. This shit was repulsive. Kale watched Aiden stalk towards them. Felt Jason's body stiffen when Aiden's hand landed on his shoulder.

"I said, hands off. Do it on your own or I will do it for you."

When Jason made no move to let go of Kale, Aiden ran his hand along Jason's arm. Stopping when he got to his wrist. His fingers tightened around it and he pulled it up and off Kale. Twisting it to where Jason's arm was behind him, trapped between him and Aiden. Kale took a deep breath and stepped away. Jason struggled, trying to get away. Trying to reach for Kale with his free arm, but the more he moved, the worse his wrist, arm, and shoulder suffered. Desperately pleading for Kale to come back to him. The dipshit was completely ignoring the fact that Aiden had a hold of him. Kale kept shaking his head and backing away.

Aiden placed his mouth an inch from Jason's ear. In a calmly malicious tone, he said, "let me teach you a little bit about the animal kingdom. I'm like a lion, I protect what's mine." He twisted Jason's arm, torquing it at an odd angle. "Like a lion, if there is something threatening my pride, I eliminate it. You, are like a mangey hyena. Dragging your nappy, flea infested ass around my cub. You, are an irritation." Another crank up. "What do you think happens next?"

Jason spoke past the pain and ground out, "Fuck off, old man."

"Wrong answer."

Kale watched as Aiden twisted Jason's arm. A sickening, grinding pop was followed by a scream of pain. Jason fell from Aiden's arms and landed with a dull thump. Aiden looked up at Kale and pointed. "You didn't do what I told you to."

Great, Kale. That was a smart move. Now he's going to pop your arm out of socket. You're going to be a greasy spot in music section carpet. A ripple of fear was replaced when Aiden pulled Kale close to him. The cold, determined aire transformed and worry etched his face."You okay?"

All Kale could do was nod. His eyes never moved from Jason's prone body on the floor. "Yeah, uh...yeah. I'm fine. Is... Is he going to be okay?"

"Who fucking cares! Kale, that's the second time that douchebag has tried to get to you! What are you going to do if I'm not around and Aiden can't come to your rescue!?" Raven was seething mad. Her multicolored hair bouncing as she paced in front of Kale and Aiden. The One Bitch Wonder had returned. Every foot fall that landed by Jason, looked hesitant. Like she was tempted to kick his ass, even if he was passed out in the floor. How perfect would it be if he had pissed himself? Stupid ass. She finally gave in to the urge. Her purple Converse flew back and made contact with his tailbone. "Damn, I thought that would be more rewarding."

"Second time?"

Oh shit. Forgot that one detail when telling him about Jason. Good job, Kale. "Can I say opps and get away with it?" Puppy eyes stared up Aiden.

"No, what's with this being the second time?"

Kale never had a chance to explain. Raven jumped in the middle and told Aiden the whole sordid story. By the end, Aiden's jaw was clenched tight and a vein was bulging on his forehead. And oh lookie, the creeper was waking up.