Chapter 10: Clumsy Is The New Sexy

Reegan practically buzzed in the passenger seat of Aiden's car. Excitment bubbling over and unconsciously causing her legs to bounce. Her hands were tucked under her butt. Punishment for pushing buttons and fidgeting with the locks and windows. Aiden was teasing her. Driving as slowly and as cautiously as possible. Every now and then he would let out a grunt. Reegan would slow the bouncing and let out a huff of breath. The trip to Bishop's was taking forever. When Reegan would look over at him, she saw the evil smirk on his face. The man knew he was driving her crazy and enjoying every minute.

Finally, after what felt like hours, they pulled into the parking lot and parked. Reegan's hands flew to the seat belt and the door handle simultaneously. Aiden let out a howl of laughter when she opened the door and almost fell out. The seat belt holding her half in and half out of the car.

"Slow down, Doll. You need to move the strap too, not just unbuckle."

He watched as she righted herself and removed the strap from her chest. A pink tinge stained her cheeks.

"Right-o, Boss Man." She slowly stepped out of the car and tried to regain her composure. Aiden got out and walked around the car to join her. Without thought she grabbed his outstretched hand and walked to the entrance of the store. Before he opened the door for her, he looked at the stores hours. They had a total of thirty minutes until closing time. He hoped that would be enough time for her to get her fill of the place. And honestly, he hoped the same for himself.

When they entered Reegan's smile faltered. Aiden watched as her eyes scanned the store, no doubt looking for the dark haired boy. Her beginning frown was replaced with a beaming smile when she finally spotted him replacing CDs in the music section. Aiden pulled on her hand and led her to place he knew she wanted to go.

*~*

Kale was fading fast. His energy levels never reached above snail speed. Although he had gotten rid of the headache, he just couldn't shake the grogginess. He was counting down the minutes until he could lock the doors and go home and back to bed. He was going to sleep until he had to be in for his afternoon shift the next day. Out of nowhere he heard Raven let out a wolf whistle. He looked up to see where she was, but got distracted by the odd couple walking his way. His heart rate doubled and his palms began to sweat. The stack of CDs in his hand clattered to the floor. In the distance he heard Raven's bark of laughter followed by a drug out, "smoooooooth."

He was down on the floor gathering up the plastic cases, when a pair of sparkly, glitterfied Con's appeared in his line of sight. One pink sock and one turquoise sock led to black leggings and a ripped and pinned plaid skirt and a black tank top. Huh, the socks matched the colors of the skirt. He leaned his head back and looked straight into Reegan's dark eyes. If it was even possible his heart sped up even more.

"Need help?" The smile was heard in her voice. Kale's cheeks redden and he slowly shook his head. Words Kale, use your words, he chastised himself.

"N-no," he cleared his throat and tried again. "No, thanks."

He gathered them up and went to stand up. His shoulder made contact with the metal bar of the shelf. The CDs fell, once again, to the floor. Kale let out a small embarassed groan and began his task again. He kept his head down, not wanting to look at the two people standing in front of him. Sending up a silent plea, he waited for a hole to open up and swallow him. A big, masculine hand followed by dainty, brightly nail polished fingers held out twin stacks of cases. He looked up and saw that both of them had squatted down to help him pick up the mess. Both smiling widely with laughter in their eyes. Oh gods, they were beautiful creatures. He mumbled his thanks and stood up accident free. Reegan craned her neck as he towered over her.