31 | I'll Scream

It was 7 pm on Tuesday and I had only one more day left of my suspension. Dillon never reached out to me after what happened so I presumed our deal was off. I never wanted to hear from him anyway.

I also hadn't seen or talked to any of my friends besides Olive and Mia. They let the guys know I'm okay and didn't have my phone. I think I'll get it back before Thursday.

My parents are still furious with what happened and I still haven't told them the full story. They didn't need to know. They'd probably sue Dillon and his whole family.

As of right now, I was humming in the shower peacefully disconnected from everything that has occurred. I don't want to think about it. If it was a regular day I would just finish up my tutoring with Cal—but it's not and I canceled on him. I didn't want to see him but that doesn't mean I wasn't seeing him. I was. In my dreams.

It was driving me insane. He kept showing up and I didn't know how to make it stop. He wouldn't get out of my head. Sometimes the dreams were normal but other times we were all over each other. It felt so real and I always woke up a mess. But they were only dreams. I'd rather die than be with Cal like that.

I hope to step out of the shower and immediately take off my uncomfortable shower cap, letting my hair down. I dry myself with a towel and wrap it around me. I had left my clothes outside on my bed.

When I open my bathroom door I scream surprised to see someone sitting on my bed. He stands up immediately when he hears me

I quickly clamp a hand over my mouth when I realize it's Cal.

"Jesus Fawn," He says, "Are you trying to let the whole neighborhood hear you?"

Cal in the flesh. After dreaming about him for so long it felt strange seeing him in real life. He was here. Looking at me like he does in my dreams. Warmth gathers in my lower stomach.

I move my hand down to my racing heart. "What are you doing here?!"

"It's a Tuesday. I'm here to tutor you," he says firmly like he knows he'll be shot down.

"I canceled. Plus you always come at 5 not 7."

He just stares at me. Then his eyes swiftly look me up and down. "Do you want to put on some clothes first?"

Heat crawls up my neck and I try my best to ignore it. Without saying anything I march over to my bed and grab the clothes I left out for myself.

I take my time in the bathroom. I moisturize my body before putting on my clothes. Ten minutes pass by but he doesn't knock or anything. I was mostly figuring out what to say to make him leave. I come out in pajama pants and a tight black tank top.

I see him by my bookshelf now holding a book and flipping through it.

He looks up. His gaze took in all of me before locking in on my eyes and then putting the book away.

"You certainly took your time," he comments while moving away from the bookshelf.

I walk towards him. "I was hoping you'd take the time to leave."

"Why?"

I sigh. "Because I don't feel like being tutored okay? Why can't you understand that?"

He looks almost worried. "Relax. I'm not here to tutor you."

I furrow my eyebrows. "Then why are you here?"

"To check up on you, Oakley."

My eyes snap to his in surprise. Butterflies erupt in my stomach. "Oh."