Chapter 12-How to get to Tartarus 101

WARNING:THE SONG SWEARS. A LOT.

I do not own Disney or PJO/HoO

Anyone's thoughts=italics

(Swearing involved in this chapter)

Quick note: They have until December 21st to save Harry, and right now, it's November 5th.

Percy's PoV

Chiron wishes us good luck as we set out, catching a taxi to my Central park. By the time we've arrived, it's midday. Grover orders us some enchiladas from a stand, while Clarrisse and I try to figure out how we are going to get to Tartarus.

"How about we just do the stone thing that you and Grover did?" Clarrisse suggests.

"Hades has blocked that pathway, he doesn't want us demigods traveling to his domain without his realizing." I rebut.

"What if we just went to Los Angeles again?" Grover asks, munching on his enchilada.

"Do you remember last time? It took us ages just to get there, and Harry doesn't have long!" I veto the idea.

"What if we make Hades really, REALLY mad, that he throws us into Tartarus?" Clarrisse says, accompanying it with violent hand movements.

"Wouldn't he make sure that we won't get out alive if we did that?" Grover questions. "I mean, if he does put us in the pit, he would most likely send a horde of monsters to kill us."

"Grover's got a point," I intervene. Clarrisse growls. "Well then, if all those ideas don't work, then how in Hades are we even going to make it there?"

"I know!" My eyes light up. "Quickly, get some drachmas, I've got a certain god that can help."

~..._-ṮĪMĒ ŠKĪP-_...~

"So you want me, to transport you to the underworld, without Uncle H knowing?" Hermes sums up.

"Well...yes." I confirm.

He shrugs. "Sure." I blink and do a double take at his reaction. "Wait, what?"

"I said sure! I honestly like to help out heroes, but father is honestly so annoying with all of his rules," He complains.

"You should make the heroes get rats for us," George says.

"Seriously George!" Martha scolds him, "Are rats all you think about?"

"So...that's it?" Clarrisse asks. "No 'do this for me,' no 'fight me,' that's it?" 

"Yep."

"Oh c'mon, I was ready to punch something!" She growls, and Grover yelps, "Not me!"

Hermes rolls his eyes at the two of them, then beckons us over to him. "Hold onto Martha and George, I'm going to flash you guys there."

We close our eyes, and feel the terrible sensation of flashing. "Oh gods..." I clutch my stomach once it's over. Grover is turning green, and Clarisse is trying to keep a straight face.

"Sorry guys," Hermes chuckles, grinning at our reactions to his godly ways of traveling, "I probably should've warning you about that...but them where's the fun in that?"

"You little shit..." I mumble, flipping him off from the position I'm in.

"Right, well, I hope you guys make it out alive!" He cheerfully says, "See ya!"

"Bring us rats next ti-" George gets cut off as Hermes flashes away.

I turn to look at our surroundings. There's a red glow instead of sunlight, and instead of sky, stalactites hang from the cave ceiling, but fog covers the roof. I can see the River Styx flowing about 10 yards away, and Hades' castle is far in the distance.