Chapter 14-We like knocking out people now

I do not own Disney or PJO/HoO

Anyone's thoughts=italics

Percy's PoV

'Just find harry.'

That same line keeps repeating in my head, like a broken record player that repeats the same song. I trudge along the ground, in front of Grover and Clarrise. I can practically hear them whispering their concerns about me.

But I'm fine. Right?

I shake my head, attempting to get rid of those thoughts. "Just find Harry..." I mutter.

"Percy?" Grover trots up to me, matching my speed. "We've been walking for hours, shouldn't we take a break? I can feel your exhaustion, you need to sit down and rest." My mind flashes back to Harry, and a determined expression sets itself onto my face.

"I have to find Harry. I'm not resting until I find him." I stubbornly insist. I walk faster, letting Grover fall behind. I can hear them. Whispering. I'm about to turn around and tell them that there's no point whispering because I can hear them, when everything goes black.

Clarrise's PoV

Do I feel bad that I knocked out Prissy just so that he would sleep?

No.

Grover on the other hand...

"Oh my gods, you actually knocked him out!" He whisper-screams, not wanting to wake him up.

I roll my eyes. "Um, yeah. There's no way that Harry is gonna be saved if his boyfriend is too tired to fight." Grover pauses for a second, considering what I just said, then agrees. Grover plops himself next to Percy, and I do the same. "We better get some rest as well," I tell the satyr. "Prissy will probably wake up soon, and I don't think that I can do the same trick on him twice."

"I'll take first watch," Grover says, "You sleep." I try to protest, but he just waves it off. "I've gone days without sleep, being a satyr, I don't need as much."

I know that arguing will get me nowhere, so I grudgingly lay down, falling asleep.

Grover's PoV

I watch as the two demigods sleep beside me, I think back to how they looked just a few minutes ago. Percy looked stressed and tired, now he looks so at peace, drooling and muttering words in his sleep. Clarisse is snoring, tossing back and forth every now and then. I sigh, looking out to the horizon, if you can even call it that.

A reddish glow is the only source of light, and blisters litter the ground. Caves are specks in the distance, and after wishing that we are in a cave, then seeing a huge drakon come out of one, snatch up it's prey, then go back in, I think I'm happy just to stay here. Where it's safe. And not as dark.

I try to scan our surroundings again, seeing if I can catch a glimpse of the Phlegethon, but nothing stands out. It seems like we have been walking for hours, and the cliff just hadn't come any closer. I stand up, deciding to do something productive. Maybe I could try and find some food...somewhere...if I look close enough...

I shake my head. Think positive. I can do this. Gods, I'm starting to sound like one of those posters that the stereotypical girl would have in their bedroom.

I sniff the ground, only to recoil from disgust. Did Tartarus ever shower? Honestly, if you're gonna be the villain and all, that's fine, but at least have the decency to wash yourself.

'Wait a minute...if this is Tartarus's body...does that mean that we're walking on meat?'

I stare at the ground, then shrug. "What the Hades." I carefully extract a dagger from Clarisse's waist belt (which is full of them), and raise it above my head. I close my eyes, bracing myself. I bring the dagger down...

And stop right in front of the ground, and poke it.

No reaction.

I dig the tip of the blade into the ground, waiting for something to go terribly wrong. Nothing does.

I cut off a piece of the ground and inspect it. It's a sort of pinkish red, and it feels like meat. I mentally vomit. I'm holding a piece of skin.

Holy schist.

I'm holding a piece of skin.

Ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew ew-

I vomit.

I take tissues out from my bulky bag, wiping my mouth. I pop a piece of gum into my mouth, letting it take away my case of barf breath. I experimentally poke the piece of skin, then pick it up again, this time controlling my stomach.

I fish out a lighter from my bag, and turn it on, holding it underneath the flesh. It doesn't shrivel up like a plant, which is good as then I didn't burn my hand. After staring at the meat for about a minute, I'm getting bored. 'Just watch the piece of skin,' I think.

After three minutes, the meat had finally started to brown. Excited, I tried the same method on the other side once I felt like it was cooked. Once the whole thing had turned brown, I hesitantly brought it up to my mouth.

Should I eat it? It is technically skin...but I'm sure that cooking it got rid of all of the germs, right?

Maybe I shouldn't eat it, it is really risky. I could get sick, or die, or just really hate the taste-

'Grover, are you gonna eat it, or not? I cannot honestly stand watching you debate about this anymore.'

"Well you try and eat a piece of skin!" I grumble under my breath.

Wait, that voice wasn't me.

I jump up, glancing at my surroundings. Nothing for miles. Gods dammit, I am supposed to be on look-out! Instead, I'm obsessing over a piece of meat!

'Don't beat yourself up man. No one can see me coming. I'm an eidolon.'

"A what?" Confusion fills me. I don't think I ever heard of that name in any of my classes...or anywhere for that fact.

'Oh, just an evil spirit. By the way, I'm just gonna possess you right now so I can kill your friends, sound good?'

"No! That does not sound good! Get out of me!" I yelp, brushing dirt off of me, as if it would help in any sort of way.

'Okay, cool, whatever. My turn!'

I feel myself going stiff, then relax. 'Man, this feels way different than usual.' I hear the Eidolon say aloud. 'Satyrs are hard to possess, you guys have like, no soul.'

My body turns and faces the two sleeping demigods. A grin comes onto my face. The Eidolon discards the piece of skin, and starts twirling the dagger around, making it dance in my hand. I stare in horror at the offense I'm about to commit.

'It's time to kill some demigods!'

Um...so...hi?

I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I keep telling myself that I'm going to update this, but I never do!

I'm kinda lazy, if ya haven't noticed yet.

Anyway, school's a bitch, homework's a pain in the ass, but my teachers are all pretty nice, so I have decided that I tolerate school. SHOUTOUT TO MY TEACHERS WHO PUT UP WITH MY CLASS. IDK HOW YOU DO IT. Honestly, sometimes I just wanna smack some people with a Percy Jackson book. Or better, the dictionary.

So, that's pretty much it for me. See ya!

 -Laurel