Chapter Eight

"Coach Luuk this is my Papa," Bear introduced his father, bouncing on his toes as he pointed to Wichapas who stood behind him.

Coach Luuk glanced at Build before looking at his husband, offering him a warm smile. He extended his hand as soon as Bible put the box down on the small bench beside them. Sofia and Amber had gone to get a spot on the bleachers.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. Bear talks about you often."

"It's good to be back." Bible's words were surprisingly reassuring.

Build felt embarrassed as he met his husband's eyes. A reminder of the accidental proximity that happened only a few minutes prior.

"I organized the shirts by size, and there is a checklist for the pickups. I made five extra ones, and we still have more patches if we need to make a couple more later." Build rubbed his hands on his jeans as he spoke, heart still running amok.

His husband had not allowed him to carry the box. Wichapas had taken it right out of his hands as he picked it up. Build had become used to doing everything on his own. He had forgotten the immense gratitude he felt at his husband's willingness to help. One of the few things that had been ever present since Bear's birth, a detail Build didn't realize he missed.

"Thank you so much, Build. I appreciate you doing this." Luuk praised as he picked at the small strip of tape that held the box closed.

"Of course. It was my pleasure! Did Hom email you about the next game?"

"Yes, she said the deposit was paid and we have four hours." Luuk pointed at Build with his pen as he replied, and Build nodded.

There was some chatter about coolers for the upcoming game, and when it was done, the boys ran down the field to play. Build smiled as he watched them kick a ball back and forth. He reached the bleachers in time to help Amber down the last step to join them.

"How'd it go?" Sofia asked, handing Build a can of sparkling soda.

"How did what go?"

"Introducing your husband?"

"I didn't introduce my husband, Bear introduced his father."

"Ah, that's a sneaky way of getting away with it." Sofia complained with a soft chuckle. Build's smirk was colored in satisfaction.

He watched as Bible struggled to put his hair up in a bun as he side-stepped to kick the ball. His glasses had transitioned to sunglasses, and he laughed as he kicked the ball to Amber.

"He asked me to lunch," Build confessed.

"Again? When?" Sofia turned to better look at Build, her eyes wide in surprise.

"Not the coach, Sofi. Wichapas asked me to go to lunch with him some time." Build could feel the flush as he said the words, and he chuckled at Sofia's reaction. Sofia's smile was full of mirth, like a Cheshire cat.

"Look at you, having lunch with the most coveted billionaire in Chiang Mai. What if you end up marrying him?"

Build laughed out loud and he tried to cover his mouth, but it was too late. Wichapas glanced up at him from the field. It made the hysterics worse. he turned toward Sofia and tried to cover his face.

"Sofi!"

"I am not talking to you. you are a fraud." She turned her face away.

It was impossible for Build to hold back. He practically turned all the way around to face the top of the bleachers to try to control himself. He put his soda down before he spilled it. Sofia often made him laugh, but it has been too long since a fit of laughter had hurt his stomach.