Chapter Eighteen

Waking was extra hard the following morning. Wichapas called for his husband, but Build's eyelids were too heavy. Bible's kisses were barely enough to coerce them into opening.

It took considerable effort to blink the blurriness away, but once Build's eyes focused he found himself draped over his husband. As a reward for the herculean effort that was waking, Wichapas offered a chaste kiss. It still took a moment more for Build to remember how he got there in the first place.

"We have to get up, babe. I have to get Bear ready, and you have to cover these." Wichapas finger traced a line down Build's neck. The rush of heat that accompanied the feather-like touch had Build exhaling and turning on his back for a stretch. A ruse he used as a distraction, while he tried to wield some control over his depraved body.

Build rubbed his swollen eyes. He could tell they were extra puffy by the heavy blur and uncomfortable pressure. As soon as he sat up, Bible's hand reached to rub his back.

"Hey, I'm sorry about running out last night. Now, with a cool head – I realize what a mistake that was." Wichapas' words forced Build to push further out of the sleepy fog. Though it wasn't happening fast enough, he struggled to put together what to say.

"It's okay." Build met his husband's gaze. "I understand why you needed some time. Given our track record, maybe it would have been worse if you'd stayed."

"Our track record." Wichapas repeated, his face distorted into an uncomfortable grimace by the time he finished uttering them. Bible hurried to get out the bed, taking the warmth along with him.

"Did I say something wrong?" Build's stomach plummeted as he questioned.

"No, not at all. I just hate the sound of that. I can't make up for lost time fast enough."

"Lost time?" Build prest, his chest deflating.

Build barely noticed his husband coming around the bed until he was being pulled. There was a stir of satisfaction at the way Wichapas used his strength against him. Build was dragged to the edge of bed, his legs arranged in between Wichapas parted ones as he squatted to look up at him.

"It isn't the same record anymore, baby. We got off that old track. Let's stop comparing it to how it was. What we have now is way better." Wichapas hand came up to cradle Build's face. The gentleness that was offered in those eyes was the very thing Build had been scared of losing last night.

It truly made everything so different. Those eyes were the real link to what Build had come to realize he wanted so badly. The eyes that had promised a lover and a family.

Build launched himself into the arms of that Wichapas before he disappeared again. If it wasn't for Bible's quick reflexes they both would have tumbled over. As soon as he steadied, his arms were squeezing Build's rib cage and kissing the sides of his face. Build fisted his hands in his husband's shirt and tried to convince his tears to stay put.

When Wichapas stood his arm brought Build along with him. Build nuzzled and pressed his body against Wichapas, selfish with every second he had.

"I'm sorry, baby.'' Bible's plea was more like a coo.

When Wichapas pulled back he looked his husband over with meticulous assessment. Build avoided his gaze, afraid he'd expose the arousal that bubbled under the surface. He tried not to think about that warm trace, and the bruises under his teasing finger. Build could feel his ears burning hot, his breath was elevated and picking up speed.

"Godammit, run out of here before I tie you to the bed."

The little restraint that existed disintegrated with those words. Build met Wichapas eyes without shame to convey just how open to that idea he really was. Build was surprised at the worry it brought upon his husband's face. It was enough to loosen his tight grip.