CHAPTER 2

"People are creatures of wanting, easy to manipulate and easy to misuse

"People are creatures of wanting, easy to manipulate and easy to misuse."

"There's a tattoo they all get. Each group within the Mafia has a different tattoo to represent themselves. If you ever come in contact with someone with a eight diamonds card tattoo, you can either kill them publicly and take thier place or you can run." My dad explained as he showed pictures of women and men with several tattoos. All of them were people from the Mafia. 

"There can't just be two options, dad." I said and he smiled.

"There's always a third option but you'll know when you see them." He patted my shoulder.

The beige room was packed with people shirtless on black leather chairs. I couldn't help but look at them and some of them eyed up and down my burgundy dress. The tattooist doodled on a scrap piece of paper and pressed it against one of the men's thighs. He abruptly glanced at her. Then he looked at me. 

"I'm Mica." He said as he nudged at the free seat next to him,"you did really well. Got yourself a reputation now." 

His blonde hair moved as the cool air from the fan swiveled around. He had a tounge piercing. 

"Thank you. How long have you been here?" I asked.

He laughed as I froze at his collarbone. He has the eight of diamonds. I glanced at his hazel eyes. 

"Too long to not have friends." He called the tattooist over.

She cleaned her stencils and showed me a couple of designs on a clipboard. 

"You beat Ana so you're entitled to take her tattoo of the second cups" she explained.

I leaned over to Mica even though every part of me wanted to stay away, "you tell me." 

Purposely, I batted my eyes around his chest, collarbone, legs and then his lips. He smiled. 

"Go for it and while you're at it," he said as he pulled me towards him and sat me on his lap, "why don't you get my phone number?" 

He burst out laughing and sat me back down, "Francis wants me to work with you in the assignment by the way, you'll be seeing a lot more of me. So you'll have plenty of chances to-"

Ana nudged him,"she doesn't want to know the rest of that sentence, Mica." 

He winked and then left.

Ana took his place, "God, I'm so sorry about that." She said but I wasn't listening.

I had just come up with the perfect plan to win Francis over. The tattooist handed me the design and began tattooing my shoulder. Not only will I make Francis's father pay but I'll break his son ego.

***

A

fter some digging, which took no time at all, I learnt that Mica was a sex fiend. There were public sex rooms for those who wanted to de-stress and he was a frequent visitor. The reason made me double over from laughter. He couldn't get a hard on. However, he practically feasted upon women visible shudders and sounds of pleasure. As dangerous as the tattoo might be, Mica truly seemed harmless.

That was until he was suited up next to Francis. His playful demeanor completely diminished and I wondered if Mica actually is who everyone says he is. Because right now, he seemed like he could kill me in an instant. 

His eyes locked with mine and I gulped.

To lighten the mood, and to go ahead with my plan, I said the unthinkable.

"So, I found out last night Mica is packing it down there. Don't you think there should be a measuring room so you can all do your ranks based on that?" I said, "maybe, Francis would lose. I mean-" 

Mica laughed so hard he nearly fell over and Ana tried to repress her smile but failed miserably.

"Maybe we could put it to the test." Ana said.

Francis sighed, "and the biggest person gets what?" 

I stayed silent. He started at me, mainly the dress he gave me which revealed my new fully tattooed right arm.

"The biggest gets to sleep with me for the night. As roommates." I said.

Ana glared at me, "What the fuck? This is such a horrible way to flirt." 

Francis pulled out a tape measure and guided Mica out the room.

"I'm not flirting, besides, it'll be a good way to get to know eachother." I said.

"Really, Soph? What are we, twelve? You should really think over this while you still have the chance." She said.

Before I could say anything, they returned with a blank stare. Mica undid the buttons to his suit and Francis have him a side eye. 

"We're both the same." Francis muttered, "guess you'll have to have the both of us." 

Francis sighed and grabbed a glass of champagne. Ana cackled.

"I can't believe you actually measured it!" She ran her fingers through her hair.

Francis locked eyes with me and clinked a glass with mine.

"You three will be working together to... destroy my father. The fi." He revealed a brown envelope.

Francis wanting to defeat his father is a suprise. Even with all my research I had no idea Francis wanted to go against his father. However, this could be a trap. My clammy hands rubbed the fabric of my dress. This could be my blessing in disguise. 

"You want to go against your father?" I asked.

He grinned, "he deserves to suffer for all the harm he's caused and you are going to help me stay alive to do that." 

Mica loaded his gun and turned the safety on. 

"Are you ready for the fight?" Mica grabbed a suitcase, "no one else knows the truth besides us." 

My father told me to stay away from the eight of diamonds tattoos. Yet here they are, asking for a favour. Asking for a rebellion. Now, a part of me wants the tattoo too. However, in order to do that, I'll have to do the unthinkable. Find another eight of diamonds to kill. Antonio Feranaz might be the best bet.

I took a sip of my champagne, "Sure, it's not like I have anything else to do. Let's do this."