CHAPTER 9

"It's only you that has me begging for mercy like a fool

"It's only you that has me begging for mercy like a fool. Mercy you will never give."

The crisp air filled my lungs in the front seat of my car. Moments ago Sophie was a few inches away from me and showed no fear to challenge me and the world by staying out here. A few moments ago I was oblivious to my emotions. A few moments ago I believed in a lie.

Sophie Deni was not an enemy. She was and is an ally. Her mother died to cover up something my father was doing. My father said it was her fault for two of my best friends to have died. The bodies were damaged beyond recognition.

Except, in the files it never states she killed anyone.

Then it could only mean one thing, her mother was rebelling against my father. My father never treats rebels kindly.

The headlights flickered in the snow, no one chased me, no one dared to. No one thought to.

They might have to chase me soon some I'll do anything it takes for Sophie to know the truth.

I killed an innocent for my father and it's tormenting me. My choices aren't that different from my father but I believed in a lie.

The random thought being to haunt me.

Francis would have taken her to his place. They would be getting all comfortable in thier crew and I'm just an outsider. There's only one place I can go to fix this mess, and father won't like me for it.

The accelerator pushed further at the whim of my boots, the cafe might be the best option. The only option where I won't get caught.

Several members go to the cafe to meet with skilled individuals. Whether it was for a personal vendetta or a assignment, secrecy was granted at one expense. Money and lots of it.

The old man sipped alcohol from his glass in the bustling five star cafe from across the street. His dull eyes locked with mine as he put a menu on the other side of the table.

He's accepted my request.

"Pat Deni. I need her files." I said.

The man coughed, "How much?"

He has the audacity to ask how much I'd want to pay for the information. The status of being heir to the Mafia means nothing to him. An  ideal situation but he will find out his place sooner or later.

"25 million plus a bonus if you find anything about her family." I whispered.

I put my fake business card on the table, and fixed the collar on my shirt.