Chapter 003 Happy Fucking Birthday

Ever since I could remember Susannah always would say I was destined for Steven.

I always thought I was destined for him, too. I had never even looked at anyone else, not the way I look at Steven. But now, I had a date.
————————————————————————
Today was Belly's birthday, one of my favorite days of the year. I only had a couple but her birthday fell on the list.

Ever since she was old enough I made the boys included her in everything on her birthday. We all had Mickey Mouse pancakes, opened gifts.

Seeing her happy was enough for me. Seeing everyone happy and healthy was enough for me.

I had went to Belly's room to help her pick out an outfit, of course I had on a sun dress and a sweater but she needed to look good, per Taylor's orders.

Once we had settled on a floral romper we headed down stairs. One by one we said happy birthday.

Now that she was sixteen it would be easier convincing the boys to lay her come to parties, which I knew she wanted.

She says she wasn't hungry and I saw the disappointment on Laurels face.

"Well that's fine because I'm starving!" I say and instantly saw the change. Even though I wasn't actually starving I ate and we went to the living room to open gifts.

We each gave her a gift. It was my turn and I could barely hold in my excitement.

I handed her a canvas.

One of my earliest memory's was my mom teaching me to paint. I fell in love with it. By Belly's birthday everyone in the room had gotten a painting done by me.

She opened it and her eyes lit up.
I had painted her and Taylor playing beach volleyball last summer on her birthday.

I knew that day meant a lot to her.

"Omg Callie, thank you so much I love it!" She says showing everyone.

"Connie, you want to give Belly your present?" Mom asked him.

"Uh I forgot." He mumbles not making eye contact with anyone.

"I actually told Cleveland i would meet him so I gotta go." He said basically jumping out of the chair.

I knew he didn't forgot, I brought him to the jewelry story to buy the infinity necklace.
...
When I got to the club Aaron was there waiting for me with our painting we haven't finished, it was near nothing as good as my mother's work but it didn't look half bad.

"Can I ask you something?" Aaron asked me not looking up from the painting.

"Sure..." I reply doing the same.

"How come you do theses painting lessons, my mom isn't paying you."

"I'm doing it for my mom, she was the Fisher who was supposed to be doing this."

"Oh ok , well what are you doing tonight?"

"It's a friends birthday but I might hit up a party after, why?" I ask.

"Nicole's? I was gonna ask if you wanted to hang out but maybe I'll see you there." He answered.

"Yea maybe" I said.