Chapter 013 Shoot Your Shot

(A/N: hey everyone! So TYSM FOR 3k READS, I FEEL LIKE EVERYTIME I WRITE ANOTHER CHAPTER ANOTHER 1000 READS SO TY! Also, this chapter is based off my memory because I am on vacation and don't have access to PRIME VIDEO. I might re-do this chapter but I really wanted to get this chapter out to go guys. I hope you enjoy this chapter!)

When I woke up Steven was still asleep. He was wearing pajamas left here from many summers ago because he forgot to pack them.

I didn't mind. He looked so cute like a little kid.

I went downstairs to see if anyone was up.

There, standing in the kitchen walk way, I saw her.

She was filling up a vase. Susannah.

"Oh hey Callie." Skye said snapping me out of my thought.

It wasn't Susannah, it was Julia.

"Oh hey sorry, Skye. Are those muffins?" I say looking at the plate. Blueberry lemon was calling my name.

"Yea want one?"

I go to grab it.

"Those are for the open house. Morning." Julia quickly stops me.

Conrad and Jeremiah walk in.

"Did somebody get muff..." they stop in their tracks.

"Fins?" Jeremiah begins. "Hi..."

"Hey Jeremiah." Skye waved.

"Conrad." They nod.

"Skye."

The silence is VERY loud.

"You didn't tell me she was here, too." Conrad whispers to Jeremiah.

Skye shuts him down, "It's they not she. God it's been like a decade. Um how are you doing since your mom?"

"It's been rough." Jeremiah crosses his arms.

"Rougher now that our aunt's stealing our house." Conrad does the same.

"I'm not stealing anything Conrad. Like it or not I get to choose what happens to the house and I choose to put it on the market." Julia turns from the sink.

If it were up to me, I'd be choosing her a flight back to California.

"You all should get on the road. Beat the traffic back to Boston."

I look at Conrad. "There's no chance. We're staying for the open house."

""Uh no no no. I can't have a bunch of teenagers chasing everybody away. Call your father, because this isn't an Aunt Julia problem." She is only looking at Conrad.

"Except it is. Because you are the problem." He looks at her.

"I don't have time for this." She walks out.

Thank God.

Belly chimes in. "Conrad she's still your family."

"Then why is she doing this to us?" He asks her.

"This is hard for her too." Skye says.

"Really? Seems like she's doing this pretty fucking easily." He walks out.

"He's grown into quite the asshole."

"so has your mom." I run to find Steven.

I find him at the AC. "What are you up to?"

"Um nothing." He says not taking his eye off of it.

"What it looks like to me is a future engineering student making an aunt Julia problem?" I say squatting next to him.