Chapter 16 You Never Know What The Future Holds

(A/N: omg hiii! 7k reads is INSANE but TYSMMMM! I love you and am so sad that this story is ending. I am 99% sure I will be doing a sequel so please follow so you don't miss that! This story has really shown me what hard work and confidence in my writing can do so thank you. If you loved this story just as much as me I think you'll love the sequel. Also this chapter I'm writing just off of my head and not necessarily from the show. Without further ado, enjoy the story my loved! Xo KK)

I had woken up to yelling.

Last night had been a shit show and I was pretty sure Belly was more wasted than I was.

I stumbled getting up but nevertheless made it downstairs.

"IM DONE. YOU WIN CONRAD THE HOUSE IS YOURS. I AM GOING HOME."

I instantly recognized the voice but before I could process what was just said, I heard another familiar voice.

"Let's take it down a bit. Starting over, Julia signed the house to me so she doesn't own it anymore." Laurel said.

I ran to the room and embraced Laurel tightly.

Every was so happy nothing else in the world mattered. The house was ours.

Julia and Skye went home, but I made Skye promise to keep in touch.

The Conklins had gone home and so did we.

As I sat on Susannah's bed at the Boston house, all my memories flooded back.

From the time Steven stayed home with me when I was sick for an entire week, from when Conrad and I took Jere surfing for the first time. There was nothing more fulfilling than those days.

—————————————————————————
                             20 Years Later

"Anna!" I call up the stairs.

"Susannah Conklin we are leaving in the next 10 minutes!" I shout once more.

"Honey could you get Stevie's suitcase. And where are my keys?" I ruffle around my purse.

"I don't want to keep Connie and Belly waiting, this is their first summer with the new baby and Elenor Fisher cannot be disappointed."

"Cals, she two months one I'm sure she won't be that disappointed if they beat us to Cousins" he says wrapping his arms around me.

I turn back to looks at him.

"As long as we're all together it will be fine!" He hands  the keys to me.

Yes, I really did was Elenor's first summer to be great; but I also wanted my last summer to be like all the others, magical.

Because after all, you never know What The Future Holds.

(A/N: ahhhh! Guys I'm sad to see this story end but I love the ending. Did you guys see what i did
with the title? Let me know what you guys think!)

Published: 8/11/2023
Words:471