Chapter 011 I Promise

(A/N: first of all TYSM FOR 1k READS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND I HOPE YOU ARE ENJOYING THE STORY! so boom we are starting off the second season! P.S this chapter does switch pov, I'm not a fan of switching pov but I'm trying something new. I'm so ready for this I can't even explain! I love this chapter so I hope you do too! XO KK)

                                Callie's Pov

I had woken up late and missed breakfast at the dining hall, but what I was more focused on was my final.

I grabbed a bag of sour skittles and got to studying. I had taken all my finals but two. Biology and psychology.

I turned off my phone and studied for biology because it was most important to me. I had gotten a job to be a teacher's assistant for a summer biology class, but would be in the class myself if I didn't pass.

When lunch comes around I don't even notice. My stomach started to growl and that's how I knew I needed food.

I wasn't feeling going across campus to the dining hall so I ordered Uber Eats.

"Hey Trusky. Conrad here?" I say going into his room to wait.

"Nah but you're welcome to wait like you always do"

I sat on his bed and looked around. I had been here millions of time but never noticed he had no photos up, not even on Susannah. No decoration at all.

"Do you know why Conrad never puts anything on the walls?" I ask trusky as he hangs up yet another anime poster.

"Nah but maybe prison cell vibes is his thing?" He replies.

I get a notification that my wings are downright.

I start to get up, "Ok well my Uber food is here, later"

When I got back to my dorm I was so excited to eat. It had taken me ten minutes to find the delivery person because they went to Andrews Hall instead of Alderman Hall.

I had sat at my desk and was just about to take a bite when I got a text from Liam.

Liam                                                                     Callie
There is a for sale sign in the beach house yard. I told Conrad and he said it was a prank or some shit but I thought I'd let you know.

                                                           Jee thanks Liam.

I hadn't thought much of it so I went in for the wing.

Interrupted again, there's a knock at my door.

—————————————————————————
Jeremiah's pov

Ever since Conrad and Belly broke we started being normal to each other.

I wanted to borrow a shirt of his he had left in Boston so I called him.

No answer.

I called again.

No answer.

Usually I would just forget it but Conrad always answers Callie and I first ring.

I'll call her and ask her to try him.

No answer.

I came up to the conclusion that Conrad was missing.

Before I could try my dad I get a call from Belly.

She didn't know they were missing so I made the plan to drive to Brown in the morning.

...

When I got to Brown I went to Callie's dorm first.

Knock.
—————————————————————————
                               Callie's pov

When I got to the door Jeremiah was there.

"Jere! What are you doing here?" I ask, hugging him.

"Conrad's missing and I thought you were too. Why aren't you guys answering my calls or texts?" He was angry.

"I was studying for finals and as for Connie I don't know we can go to his dorm and see if he's there." I say leading him out.

When we got to Conrad's dorm the door was cracked open.

Jeremiah and I go in and start looking through Conrad's stuff.

"Uh hey this is my room you guys are filing through." Trusky walks in. "Oh hey Callie"

"I'm Jeremiah Conrad's brother, is he here?"

"No he left Thursday. He was really angry on the phone, said he was going to visit his cousin." Trusky said getting closer to me.

"Still got a boyfriend," I say pushing him away, "and shit! He's in cousins. He has a final so grab his laptop and books then we will go back to my room to grab a bag." I say pointing to Conrad's desk.

We had taken Jeremiah's car because it was bigger and it was just the first car we went to.

"So just so you know, me and Belly made up. I know you don't like her for a reason I don't know but were cool now." He says driving out of the parking lot.

"Oh I didn't know you were taking. But as long as she's cool with me I'm cool with her." I reply.

And that was the end of the conversation.

Almost getting into Cousins my stomach growls.

"Was that your stomach?" He says poking me.

I throw my hands up, "I haven't eaten all day!"

"We're almost to pie."

"Rosie's! Ugh I love Rosie's!" I squeal.

We had gotten a slice of cherry and blueberry pie and ate it in the car.

Then we pulled into the summer house.

I had the feeling of when you get you go to a restaurant you love but haven't been to in a long time.

The only thing I loves more than this house was Susannah.

I went in first, Jeremiah behind me.

"Connie? What the fuck dude. You're going to miss finals!" I say hugging him.

I didn't think he was missing like Jeremiah, but there was a reason he was in Cousins and I had a feeling it had to do with Liam's text.

"The house is for sale Callie." He says.

"So Liam was right?" I start, "dad can't sell the house mom left it to me."

"Apparently our Aunt Julia owned half of the house so now that moms dead it's all of hers now."

"FUCK!" I shout.

Jeremiah was taken aback seeing how I have never yelled like that before.

"What are we going to do?" Jeremiah asked.

"Aunt Julia is in town at a motel so hopefully she'll be less of a bitch and not sell." Conrad says.

I am mad, "she couldn't make it to her own sister's funeral but will get the first flight to sell her house?"

I go upstairs and change into a wetsuit. I need to take my frustration out on the waves, not my family.

When I got back around 5 there was a single slice of pizza on the counter, no was was around.

I ate the pizza at the kitchen island but was startled by Conrad.

"Hey so I'm going to call dad and ask him to let me access my trust to buy the house." He says sitting next to me.

"You mean our trusts? You aren't doing this alone Connie, me and Jere want to help."

Jeremiah comes downstairs, "What she said."

He sits on the other end of me.

"We're going to get the house back. I promise."

Published:7/22/2023
Words:1174