Chapter 15 Laurel

(A/N: hey guys so I need y'all's opinions. Would you rather me make a long chapter every week or multiple short ones when I can. I never want to go 2 weeks without a chapter again so I think I found a solution. Anyways love you all! Xo kk)

After getting into a fight with Jeremiah I started to think.

I tried to be there as much as could, Connie did too.

I found Conrad in Susannah's room.

"Connie?" I ask tears flowing from my face.

He jumps up, "Callie what's wrong are you ok?"

"Jere and I were in a fight because he knew Liam had been coming to Brown and he was yelling and I- I" I lose my breath.

"Slow down cals. You what?"

"I slapped him! I slapped Jere how could I do that?" I can barely breath.

"You're having a panic attack just sit down. Tell me something good that happened" he says sitting me on the ground.

"Um" I shake my head, "Steven proposed."

"What!" I saw his face drop.

"What?" I cry.

"Nothing we'll talk about that later."

"Now you share something." I say slowing calming down.

"I got into Stanford."

"WHAT! OH MY GOD IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" I squeal in excitement.

"You don't look to happy about it Connie."

"I need to be here. You and Jere are here."

"Fuck that. I can take care of Jeremiah you get that degree."

"You're getting a degree and you don't go to Stanford. And it's not even an ivy." He tries to plead.

"Well if it makes you feel better I thought about transferring to MIT. Jeremiah's been upset I haven't been there much, and it's an hour closer to Stev..." I start to feel nauseous.

I get up and run to the bathroom.

I go to open the door but Liam is walking out. I push passed him and make it to the toilet before vomiting.

"That's why you shouldn't drink that much." Liam says standing in the door way.

"Oh you're still here? Mind your own business." I roll my eyes.

"That's not what you said that one Friday night at Brown." He chuckles walking away.

The house was sold. Jeremiah probably hates me. Adam was being a shitty father, as usual. And Susannah was dead.

Laying on the cold floor that night I thought. There has to be a solution. We can't lose my home.

And then, i had a thought.

Laurel.

For as long as I have been alive, Laurel has been steady.

In seventh grade Conrad tried to reach me a skateboard trick. I broke my arm in three places and Susannah was terrified probably more than me.

She could stop shaking so Laurel, drove us to the ER.

Surely her being here would help.

So I called.

Published:8/9/2023
Words:478