Chapter 010 Sorry To Interrupt Your Little Moment

(A/N: hi everyone so this is kind of a filler chapter/continuation of last chapter. I wanted to make one last chapter before getting into the stuff about the house and all that. I realize this is a Steven story but I also want to highlight the personality of Callie and stuff that she is going through, not just making this a ten chapter story of people being googly eyed over someone for the whole story so yea :) enjoy this chapter because it's about to get REAL!)

After the funeral we went back to our house for food and shit.

I hadn't noticed how short Belly's dress was before but with all these old people staring at her I finally saw it.

I pulled Belly aside, "hey so we can go up to my room I'm sure I have a dress longer or maybe some tights you could borrow?"

"Oh not it's ok, Susannah's loved me in this dress."

Girl... that dress goes down to your wrists.

Before I could say anything else Adam tapped my shoulder.

"How are you doing sweetie?" He hugs me.

I whisper, "don't act like a dad now that people are watching."

Don't get me wrong, me not being around Adam all time and being at college has rekindled our relationship a tiny bit.

Thing this was he hadn't been dad like the entire time Susannah was sick or while she has just died.

His coping mechanism was whiskey. Us kids has to rely on each other.

I walking into the dining room and was met by Steven and Belly.

"Steven take this plate up to Jere he's in his room, Belly help me take this plate to Connie in the rec room" I say handing them both plates.

Belly and I head to Connie. My lungs skipped a breath when I saw her.

Aubrey.

Conrad's ex girlfriend who broke up with him when he quit the football team.

I hated this girl and here she was in my house playing with Conrad hair in her lap.

Belly must have been hurt because she took off running.

Conrad followed her and then me after him.

"Belly..." he says, "Belly wait."

He grabs her arm, "what do you want let go of me." She says pushing him off.

Everyone and I mean everyone is staring.

"Not the time nor place guys." I whisper.

"Belly, that was just Aubrey" Conrad says liking up the stairs.

Belly starts up again, "sorry to interrupt your little moment."

"She was helping me."

"So you'll accept her help but not mine?" She questions now looking at me.

I wanted to say 'he won't accept anyone's help' but I kept quiet.

"Got it. Glad to know where I fall in the ranking of ex girlfriends"

'Belly this isn't about you' but I still keep quiet.

"Grow up" Conrad says.

"Go to hell"

I've had enough.

I strike my hand straight across her face.

"Get the fuck out Belly." I yell.

"I- I" she stuttereds.

"I SAID GET THE FUCK OUT. THIS ISNT ABOUT YOU, THIS IS ABOUT CONRADS RIGHT TO GRIEVE HIS OWN FUCKING WAY."

She tried to walk out but fell. Laurel gave her a dissatisfying look as she pulled her dress down, then running out the door.

In the moment it felt necessary but now I'm not so sure if slapping her was the right thing.

Published:7/21/2023
Words:573