Chapter 012 Cant You Just Try

(A/N: hey guys! Ahhh tysm for 2k reads it feels unreal! Also I change the name of the story because it felt more fitting; this IS a Steven Conklin story but I have really attached to Callie and want to dig deep in her feelings as well so that's why.Anyways this note is more of a questionnaire and info note. Who has seen season 2 of tsitp. What do you think of Aunt Julia and Skye. Also another question, what would y'all think of me pausing this story for the time it takes for season 3 or finish it with this season. I already have an ending in mind but I am not sure if I want to include season 3. XO, KK)

The next morning I woke up and desperately wanted to be with Steven. It came out of nowhere really. The thought was interrupted by my stomach growling.

I showered, did skin care and makeup, put on a white sundress, a light pink cardigan and light pink converse. My go-to outfit combo.

"I'm starving but we have absolutely nothing." I say to Jeremiah looking in the cabinets.

"Muffins are close to Aunt Julia's hotel!" He springs up.

He threw me the keys, "I'll grab some flowers and we'll head over."

When we got to the door Julia opened it and didn't even recognize us. I guess it's been that long.

"Aunt Julia! Hi it's Jeremiah, Susannah's son." He said hugging her, I could tell she was not expecting us.

"Yes Jeremiah. And you are?" She directed towards me.

Damn.

"I'm Callie, Susannah's daughter." I replied awkwardly.

"Right yea I should have known it. You are your mother if she had brown hair. I probably have a photo you wouldn't be able to tell apart."

"Well let's get this over with. You're here about house." Her eyes beaming between us.

"Yes. The house holds so much of our lives, our future lives." I say.

"Are you suggesting I gift you the house?"

"Well it is our hou" Jeremiah starts to say before I nudge him.

"No we are just asking that you humor us and give us a chance to work out buying it or something like that. Atleast your half."

Before she can say anything, our cousin Skye came up to the door.

"Skye?" Jeremiah and I questioned at the same time.

"Callie? Jeremiah?" Before they can get anything else out Julia interrupts them.

"Did you finish the virtual tour of the house?"

"Yea I just finished."

"Anyways it was great catching up with you but I really have to go now." Julia shut the door.

"Well that went well" Jeremiah said.

Jeremiah Fisher lady's and gentleman, sarcasm and charm.

When we got back home with muffins it was time to talk to Adam.

I was still mad at him for not letting Laurel sit in the front row at Susannah's funeral, but that doesn't matter right now.

The conversation goes as the following.

"Hey guys I don't have much time. I've spoken to a lawyer and I'm not going to sign on you getting your trusts" Adam says answering the phone.

Jeremiah sighs, "so you don't care that we lose the house?"

"of course he doesn't care because he never loved this house just like he never loved mom." Conrad says holding his he's sin his hands.

"that money is for the three of of you all's future."

I'm about into tears. I hadn't cried often but this was Susannah's house, her legacy.

"This house is our future. Bringing our kids here every summer just like mom and Laurel did." My voice breaks, "can't you just try to help us daddy?"

Jeremiah and I link hands.

"Can't you just try?"

"I'm sorry guys but no can do." He hung up.

"Suprise!" Belly and Steven come through the door.

"See I told you we should have told them we were coming!" Steven says nudging Belly.

"How did you know we were here?" Conrad asked Steven, making no contact with Belly.

"I told him." I say.

"I'm glad you did Cals because they brought pie." Jeremiah reaches for a cherry pie box.

Steven hands me a blueberry pie box, "And for you."

I put it down and embrace him with my arms. I needed a hug more than pie.

"This is sweet and all but what are we going to do about the house?" Conrad says grabbing a slice of pie.

"What about the house?" Belly reaches for blueberry, our favorite.

"Oh yea it's for sale."

(A/N: ok ok I can see that the author notes take up most of the chapter but I also want to say this is a filler chapter/ continuation and when I write those they aren't as long. Before I was writing a chapter per episode but now I want to add more to each episode of my own touch and that's hard without making it incredibly long. But I hope you enjoyed this chapter!)

Published:7/23/2023
Words: 840