Chapter 10

The next day Penny went to her therapist office. Linda was waiting patiently for Penny to enter her office. When Penny did she immediately jumped to the point.

"Okay. I need advice. Please." She said quickly as she sat down, then got up again.

"I'm listening." Linda said, getting ready to write on her clipboard.

"So remember how I'm half a vampire?" Linda nods. "Well, I visited this lady to see if she could help with my dilemma and she told me I need to pick between my witch side or my vampire side. Witch side means I lose my mate and vampire side means I get to keep him."

"So what's wrong?" Linda asked. "What's wrong with your mate?"

"He's a vampire hunter." Penny said. "Now. I'm wondering if I should try to pursue a relationship with him."

Linda was quiet for a while. "Okay... Wasn't expecting that. Um. I guess you could pursue a relationship with him but you have to be very careful. Wait, can't witches see the future?"

"Some can. But we can't see our future cause that'd be selfish. And also, mine comes randomly. No clue how to control it."

"Well, I guess you need to be very careful. I mean, he could hurt you. You never know. What about his family?"

"Bunch of vampire hunters." Penny said and sat down on her chair.

"Ohh-kayy." Linda looked at her clipboard then at Penny. "Let's just... Focus on your trauma for now. We need you to get through that. Tell me about Colt."

"He was... Charming. Charismatic. Knew what to say to make me laugh. What to say when I was crying. I thought..." Tears welled up in the corner of her eyes and she looked at the corner of the wall. "I thought he was my mate. That we would spend the rest of our lives together. When he met me he went by Zayne. And I told him about my vampire side."

Linda nodded quietly and wrote on the clipboard. The only sound that could be heard was the scratching of the pen on paper.

"How did you two meet?"

"We met at a Cafe. Someone pushed me out of the way to get to their coffee first. Zay-Colt. He gave me his hand and helped me up. And instantly we clicked."

"Tell me, Penny. Do you have a sister?" Linda asked, clicking the pen.

"Yeah. Her name is Ravena. She comes out of jail this year." Penny curled her knees up to her chest and hugged them.

"What did Ravena do to get into jail?"

"Killed about... Eighty-nine people. Was in jail since she was eight."

"And what would Ravena say or do if she found out about what Colt did to you?"

"She would've told me I was stupid. That I needed to get my head out of the clouds and see the red flags he was waving around." Penny laughed softly.

"And what would she say about your mate?"

"Well... She would've laughed but she would've told me to pursue a relationship with him. Father killed her mate when she was four years old. Raven got mad and killed three of his bodyguards and nine maids." Penny breathed in.

"Your father is really messed up." Linda commented and Penny laughed.

"He is. He is."

Penny was done talking. Both Linda and Penny sat quietly, neither talking. Both waiting for the session to end.