Christmas

24.12

Today I had to get up very early, because my mother ordered me yesterday to help her with everything. I was only 9 :-(

I helped cutting the vegetables, laid the table and even decorated it. I caught my mother smiling from time to time. She used to do that only with my sisters. That made me a little happy.

After the meal, there was the gift giving. The first thing was Tina's turn. She unpacked her gifts with a ray that you could see that it was real joy. My mother unpacked Sara's gifts because she was still too small.

I only got a card with a Merry Christmas from my mother. I just didn't get anything. I was sad, very sad even, but they didn't notice anything and i put on my false smile as always. Tina slipped to me and just said very quietly that she would share her gifts with me and  play with them together. The smile I gave her was real this time.

Everyone went to bed, but not me. I cleaned the table, washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen and the living room. It was now 3 o'clock and I fell into bed dead tired. Around 6 o'clock I was rudely pulled out of the bed and landed hard on the floor. My father stood angry with a crying Sara in his arms in front of me.

"Please take care of this crying something!" He yelled at me and shoved Sara in my arms and walked out of my room furiously. I held her tightly against me and rocked her back and forth. I hummed her with a melody, which calmed her down after a short time and we fell asleep together in my bed.

Around 8 o'clock I heard my father screaming from below where his breakfast would was. I didn't think about it any further. I didn't know he meant me, because I was just about to make Sara a fresh diaper.

Suddenly the door was torn open and so hard that it flew out of the anchorage. I flinched and looked at the door.

"What do you you need for so long? Make me breakfast!" He screamed, which made Sara cry and me too. "I'm only 9. What did I do that you hate me so much?" I sobbed.

Attention violence!

That was too much for him. He grabbed Sara and put her rudely in her bed and pulled me out of her room by the hair. He threw me on the hard tiled floor. I was very afraid of him. He sat over me and hit me over and over again. Every blow hurt so incredibly. At some point I became unconscious in pain.