pink skies

"light pink sky, up on the roof—
something gave you the nerve to touch my hand, it's nice to have a friend"
—— taylor swift

as soon as we walked down the stairs we were greeted with yelling boys towards the kitchen.

"hey, let me know if they're too much, we can ditch them and hang out together, ok?"
"i'm sure they'll be fine. i lived with two older brothers basically my whole life i was surrounded by guys all day every day."
"luke told me about them, yeah. you have a younger sister too?"
"yeah, she's four. pretty little. she's the baby of the family."
"what's her name?"
"aurora."
"aurora and delilah. pretty unique names i would say."
"yeah, my brothers' aren't so original. i mean mine isn't either but they have really basic names."
"well nothing can be more basic than luke and jack."

we both laughed and as soon as we walked into the kitchen everyone went quiet and turned to me and jack. well, more specifically, me.

"hey, wisconsin dells."
"wisconsin dells?"
"yeah. you're nickname."
"ok, trevor." i laughed at him.

all the other guys looked at each other and raced up to me. jack quickly wrapped his arm around my waist and held me secure to his side so i wouldn't get toppled on.

i felt immediate butterflies and my cheeks were for sure pinker than they were a few seconds ago.

"yo, guys chill. you're gonna make her want to leave after only one day."
"hey, you must be delilah, i'm nico." a brunette stuck his hand out to me.

i smiled and shook his hand. the other introduced themselves as well and their names were alex, ty, john and mikey.

"nice to meet you all."
"you too, nice to see that lukey kid finally got himself a girl."
"i-"
"she's not luke's girl." jack said putting an arm on my shoulder.

"ohhh, so i see, jack likes you."
"no i do not."
"it's ok, jack you don't have to be shy about it, i'd like me too." i said patting his chest while walking into the kitchen next to ellen and luke.

"ohhhhh, shit dude."
"man if you don't take her, i might."
"honey, if they get too much i can always kick them out of my house for you." ellen whispered to me as she heard the boys and what they were saying.

"it's ok," i laughed "i'm used to guys saying stupid stuff like that."
"and you shouldn't be, if any of my boys say stuff like that to you, you tell me. i raised them to be respectful."
"i'm sure they won't, your boys are great guys, ellen."
"glad to hear that. jack really likes you, you know? hasn't shut up about you."
"really?"
"yeah. luke's worried he's gonna steal you from him."
"luke will always be my best friend."
"at first jack thought he wasn't going to like you but he thinks you're really pretty."
"he said that?" i asked blushing.

"yeah, he did. and i can tell you like that cause you're cheeks are red."
"he's really sweet."
"it's good to hear that. even though there's plenty of girls that want him he's never brought a girl home. he's never had a girlfriend that he thought was going to be it for him, you know? maybe if you two get to know each other you can be it for him."
"you want me to be his girlfriend?"
"yeah, you're a sweet girl and id be lying if i said i'd seen him look at someone the way he looks at you. sure its only been a couple of days since you've known him but i feel like you both will really like each other."
"luke told me not to date him because of all the hate i'd get."
"yeah.. he does have a lot of jealous followers. but if you're the one for him he'll defend you. if he loves someone the way he should then he'll do anything for them."
"yeah..." i replied and looked over at all the boys scavenging for food in the fridge.