bonus chapter: first date

"i'm a mess but i'm the mess that you wanted"

today is the day! jack asked me on a date and i said yes.

we're back home from their lake house and currently i've been living with them for a couple weeks.

my life has taken a full 180 for the better ever since i moved out of my apartment.

i'm happier and surrounded by people who love me, i'm not alone anymore.

i released my strand of hair from my curling iron before unplugging it and leaving it to cool off.

i moved my hair from my back and sat it on my shoulders while looking at myself in the mirror.

jack said to dress nicely but not too fancy, whatever that means. so i just dressed in a cute little sundress with air forces.

my makeup was really simple. i put concealer under my eyes along with blush on my cheeks, some mascara, highlighter and lip gloss. i made sure the lipgloss wasn't too sticky as well, if you get what i mean.

i was putting my makeup away in my bag when i heard a knock on my bedroom door.

"come in!" i yelled from my bathroom.

ellen walked in to my bathroom and smiled at me once she was i was dressed up.

"aw, look at you, honey."
"thank you." i smiled.

"i'm so happy that jack chose you. you are an amazing girl and he's really lucky to have someone like you."
"thank you so much, ellen.. for everything. jack has been amazing and i really do love him a lot."
"i can tell you do, just as much as he loves you. but, let's not keep him waiting, shall we?"
"we shall."

we walked down the stairs together and once i got down jack was there in a button up with the top few buttons undone, and some nice dress pants.

"wow.. you look beautiful, deli."
"thanks.. you don't look too bad either."
"ok, picture time!"
"mom, i'm twenty years old, this isn't a high school prom."
"and? i'm your mother you listen to me anyway."

i just laughed and stood with jack as ellen took some pictures. he had one arm wrapped around my waist and i had my head leaning on his arm as i smiled at the camera.

"cuteeee, ok, i'll let you guys go."
"thank god." jack mumbled.

i nudged his shoulder as we left and he just chuckled and opened the passenger door to his car for me.

"thank you."
"of course, m'lady." he hopped into the car on his side and started it before driving off.

"so.. where are we going?"
"not gonna tell you."
"why not?" i whined.

"because, it's a surprise. and by the way, i asked you on this date, i pay for everything so don't you dare try paying for anything."
"sometimes you really annoy me, you know that?"
"yeah, i do." he smiled and grabbed my hand from my lap.

i just smiled back and shook my head looking out the window. we drove for a good ten minutes before jack stopped at a red light and handed me a blindfold.

"oh, come on."
"please. i promise it's only for a couple minutes."
"promise?"
"i promise."

i sighed and grabbed the blindfold, placing it over my eyes. not being able to see where i am is nerve racking, like what if something happens and i have a blindfold over my eyes?

luckily that didn't happen and a few minutes later, as promised, we stopped. i heard jack get out of the car and then open my side.

he grabbed one of my hands and the other sat on top of my head so i didn't hit it on the car.

i tried using my senses to figure out where i was and the only thing i could guess was the beach. i heard waves and there was sand, i could hear it on the sidewalk, like that grainy sandy sound you hear when you walk on it.

jack said he had reservations though, what does he have to reserve for the beach.

we walked farther before i heard some chattering between people and dishes being crashed against plates.

"hi, i made a reservation for hughes." jack told someone.

"right this way, mr. hughes."

jack grabbed my waist and lead me further down through talking people.

"ok, deli, you ready?"
"yeah." i nodded.

he gently took the headband off my head without messing up my hair and i gasped at the sight in front of me. it looked exactly like a movie dinner date but by the beach.

there was a small square table that had one single rose in a vase in the middle, and a bottle of some time of alcohol on the table.

i turned around to look at jack and he just had his charming little smile on his face.

"jack this is beautiful."
"well, im glad you like it. but let's sit so we can walk on the beach later."
"ok."

he pulled out my chair and let me sit down before he went and sat down himself.

jack took the bottle of alcohol and poured some in my glass.

"here."
"are we supposed to be drinking this?"
"no, but when you give generous tips they won't care."
"jack, please don't spend so much money on me, you really don't need to."
"but i want to, you deserve it. consider this your celebration of 1 million streams and also us, ok?"
"ok."

we both ordered our food and ate and once we were done jack took me on a walk by the beach before we headed back home.

our hands lightly brushed each others and i blushed as he took them and intertwined our fingers.

"so, what'd you think?"
"i loved this, jack. it was really nice."
"good, good i'm glad."
"but, even if we just laid down in your bed and watched a movie together i'd be happy. you don't need to take me on fancy dates or to extravagant places for me to like a date."
"i know, because you're just very humble like that but i wanted to take you here, trust me. so the first date is memorable."
"any date with you is memorable."
"i love you, delilah."
"i love you, jack."