hands tied

"and how you held me in your arms that september night, the first time you ever saw me cry"
——taylor swift

today is the day of the beach party abby invited me to. we collectively decided to not tell the boys where we were going so they wouldn't show up and be total buzzkills trying to be overprotective.

i later realized that that could've been one of the dumbest decisions i've ever made.

abby slept over at the hughes lake house in my bedroom with me so we could wake up and get ready together.

i slept with my heatless curlers in all night and abby just decided on using a curling iron in the morning.

once we woke up it was about 11:30; don't judge, we were gossiping all night. as soon as we were up we laid our dresses out and i took my hair out of the wrap.

"let's go get some matcha, we don't want to be bloated when we put our dresses on."

we walked down the shop after letting ellen and the boys know where we were going, at least we did for this time, and grabbed some matcha, i got mine with lemonade in it since it isn't my favorite thing in the world.

"so, whatre your thoughts on the party tonight?"
"i'm excited, i haven't been to a party since the frat party my friends from home went to for halloween."
"you know, for some reason i always get denied from frat parties."
"my friend got denied from one that i didn't cause the guy was totally eye fucking me. we went to another one where no one was monitoring the door."
"you didn't want to get some action?"
"hell, no." we laughed. "he was a senior it was so nasty." i shuddered.

"well, i plan to find me my summer romance."
"why not just talk to trevor?"
"eh, i don't know. he hasn't brought up anything about last summer. i know guys can be stupid but if he doesn't see this going anywhere i'm just gonna move on, you know?"
"i guess, yeah."
"but what about you and jack? anything else happen?"
"no not really. we haven't necessarily had a moment alone since the day before yesterday."
"yesterday at the bar i swear he had the cutest look on his face, he looked at you like you were the only girl in the world."
"really?"
"yeah, it was so adorable. ellen saw it too we both laughed at him together."
"of course she did, i swear that woman knows everything."
"eh, they say it's a mothers instinct."

we both made it back to the house and we walked into the kitchen to see everyone eating.

"hey, guys."
"hey, girls."
"what the hell are you drinking?" luke asked us.

"wanna try?" i handed him my drink.

he took a sip from the straw and instantly gagged, trying his hardest to not spit it out.

abby and i both laughed at him as he immediately drank the water he had next to him.

"that's nasty, how are you drinking that?"
"i'm used to the taste by now." i said.

"we are going to go get ready." abby grabbed my arm and ran with me upstairs, it seems we've been doing a lot of that lately.

she begins curling her hair while we listen to music together and i touch up my curls, adding some hairspray so hopefully they stay.

we decided to just do our skincare routine for right now and then once it gets later we'll do our makeup because the party isn't until sundown.