realization

"cause you're the only one i need, so put a little love on me"
—— niall horan

i ended up making some popcorn and led jack to my bedroom. once we were there i threw my shoes on the floor and jumped onto my bed. he just kinda stood there in the doorway not knowing what to do.

i patted the spot next to me.

"come on, i'm not letting you sleep anywhere else then on the bed, jack."
"delilah, it's your bed, i'm not taking it from you."
"then we'll sleep on it together, jack. plus we're watching the movies in here anyway so come on."

he kicked his shoes off and laid down on my bed next to me as i scrolled through netflix and found taylor's reputation documentary.

i played it and we watched it together. every time a new song came on i got all giddy and clapped my hands.

he chuckled at my childish behavior but vibed to the songs with me.

after that we ended up putting on miss americana and i felt my eyes get tired. this had to be one of my favorite movies so i tried to stay awake as long as possible. jack noticed i started getting tired so he pulled me into his side.

"you can close your eyes, d." he whispered in my ear.

i silently complied and shut my eyes letting darkness take over me.

jacks pov:

delilah shut her eyes and i watched as her breathing began to shallow.

her face was nuzzled into my chest and her hair was was covering her eyes.

i gently pushed her hair behind her ear and gave her a sweet kiss on her forehead.

i continued watching the movie she made me watch, and i had to be honest, i now see why everyone is so obsessed with taylor swift.

if this woman ran for president she would totally win, unlike kanye west, who the swiftie world confidently hates.

he isn't my favorite person but he isn't someone i necessarily hate either, but my scale leans more towards the hate side after miss americana. i mean she was nineteen and you were a middle aged man telling her she was basically mediocre compared to her component. who does that when she rightfully won?

delilah told me that her song back to december who was about taylor lautner talked about that incident when she says 'and when you held me in your arms that september night, the first time you ever saw me cry' is about when kanye ruined her speech and cried with guy taylor.

she told me that he said in an interview that he didn't even know that the situation was real until he saw the look on his girlfriend's face.

taylor has been through so much in her music career but it really had paid off for her because now she's an internet sensation.

delilah's favorite ex of taylor's was harry styles but she said she does think that her current boyfriend joe alwyn was really good for her and she personally likes him.

she said that taylor has made some belt worthy songs about joe, including the song she sang at the karaoke bar, dress.

once the movie was over i turned her tv off and gently wrapped us two in her comforter.

i wrapped one arm around her and my other was draped on her back with my thumb rubbing shapes on her body.

i admired her face for a little. when she breathed in her chest rose slightly and occasionally in her sleep she would move a bit and her nose would scrunch into a cute face and she'd sigh and stop moving.

only now in the dark did i realize her freckles really compliment her face and her lips look so kissable. i would kiss her if we weren't who we were.

this girl makes me go crazy, but i'm her best friend's brother, that's probably all she thinks of me.

i mean sure, we've had our moments but she's so much closer to luke, and we've also only known each other for a month.

i know luke has said he'd never look at her as anything other than a sister, and they do have the classic sibling banter but things change, you know?

you can never be too sure. and do you know how easy it is for one of them to be lying? well i'll tell you if you didn't know, it's too easy.

but then i think about her beautifully electrifying blue eyes, and her blonde hair and her cute little giggle and her flushed cheeks and can't help but fall in love with her.

yep, there it is folks. i'm in love with delilah grace paisley.

A/N

kinda short but i thought this was cute.

now that delilah and jack have both come to terms with their feelings they will soon admit it to each other! yayyyyyyy