move in with me

"i asked the traffic lights if it'll be alright they said 'i don't know' "
——taylor swift

the next couple weeks went by so fast. jack, ellen and luke dropped me off back at my apartment and then sooner or later school started.

luke wasn't going back in person so i didn't have my best friend to get me through classes.

of course i still had other friends but i'm definitely going to miss luke more than i was willing to admit.

i got ready this morning of the second week of school and decided i would call luke on my way to school. connor had already left because he has a class earlier than mine so i left in my own car.

i called luke and sat it on my car magnet waiting for him to answer my facetime.

"hey dells."
"hey, luke."
"how's school been without me?"
"horrible. it takes everything in me to not fall asleep during classes without you there."
"where's lucy?"
"she dropped out of some of our classes cause she  decided to change her major and not tell me. i still have carson, connor and emma but life has been so boring. you need to quit hockey and come back."
"that's funny, delilah. he will not be doing that."
"hi, jack." i laughed and glanced at my phone.

"hey, eyes on the road."
"they are."
"not a few seconds ago they weren't."
"ok ok, fine. what've you guys been up to lately?"
"jacks been complaining that you're in school."
"i still think you should quit studying to be a lawyer and just start this whole music thing."
"jack i'm not anywhere where i have to be to take off with this music career. i need a backup plan if it doesn't work."

ever since i commented back on that tiktok i've gained a few thousand followers on tiktok just singing covers of songs.

i took some of my songs to a producer who worked with my one and only idol taylor swift, aaron dessner and he has been nothing but wonderful and supportive to this.

we've recorded a couple songs and we were both thinking that i was gonna suprise post a song without telling anyone and just see what happens.

this was scheduled to happen later tonight and if i told you i wasn't nervous then i'd definitely be lying, but it's now or never am i right?

"how is the whole thing going by the way?"
"really good, i love aaron, he's so sweet and funny. i also just still can't fathom the idea that he's worked with taylor swift and also was willing to work with someone who has done nothing like this ever in her life, but he's been great."
"when's your first song coming out?"
"not anytime soon."
"yeah doesn't it take a while to do this stuff?"
"yeah but it helps when i can play guitar and piano so demos are easier to make to lyrics."
"we still have yet to hear anything."
"and you'll get the chance to when it's ready, i've told you both that plenty of times."
"we know, we know."
"ok, i'm at school, i'll call you guys later, yeah?"
"yeah, have a good day, deli."
"you guys too, bye bye."

school went by super slow, as usual. and now i'm getting ready to release my first song. it's about 9:30 right now, and it's coming out at 10:00. i do realize it's a wierd time but at least i have time to call friends and also since i have school i don't really need to be up past midnight.

aaron called me and made sure that i was ready to post the song and i obviously told him yes, even though i've been so against it lately i'm kinda excited.