Chapter Twenty-Six

"Charnelle that hair!"My mother yells at me,while I walk down the stairs

"Mom,you are talking about my hair.Did you even realise it's five o'clock and Amaya hasn't arrived from work."I tell her.

She rolls her eyes at me and continues with the 'hair topic'.

"Mom,can you please be serious for once...What's your problem with my hair type?"I ask her annoyed.

"I don't have to respond to you.I am your mother and you will do whatever the hell I say!"

"Then,if you are my mother then act like it and stop being an insecure little bitch trying to make others insecure."I yell back at her and run up the stairs not wanting to hear anything from her mouth again.

If she won't care to look for Amaya,then I will.I'm not just going to sit and not do anything about it.

I enter my room and take a sit on my bed,wondering what I should do to look for her.

An idea hits me and I grab my phone and start to look for one of her friends number.

Umairah.Umairah..Umairah...

There.

I press call on the contact number and and it starts to dial.

"Please pick up."I breath anxiously and bite my lip.

"Hello?"

Finally.

"Oh hi"I respond quickly

"Charnelle right..you good?"she politely asks.

"Yes I am fine thanks and you?"

"I'm good thanks."she responds.

"Okay uhm,sorry for the random call,but I wanted to ask if you have seen Amaya or have any idea of where she might be?"

"No,I actually haven't seen her since the last time I came to your house.Why,is something wrong?"

"Yes actually,because she hasn't come back from her night shit yet and she usually tells me what time she is coming back."I respond getting more anxious.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that girl,but for now I can give you  Zoe and Elena's number so that you can ask them,while I ask other people here this side and if I here anything.I promise to tell you."

"Okay."I respond not so sure that she will even come back.

"Don't worry,I'm sure she will be back."she assure me.

"Thanks Umairah."I tell her and cut the call.

Raven opens the and comes to sit next beside me."Amaya ain't home yet?"she asks throwing herself on the bed and lays on pillow with her face.

"As you can see...Clearly no,she is not."I respond and she sighs.

"Can I ask you something?"I have been wanting to get this of my chest now because it's bothering me.

"Whats happening between you and Amaya?"I ask her.

"What do you mean?"she asks confused and looks at me.

"I mean...when ever you guys speak,it's either you tell me to leave or when I enter while you guys are speaking,yall end up being quiet."I tell her.

"Oh."

"Wow,so 'oh' is  all you got to say...Raven are you hiding something from me, because if you know you are,then please tell me."I say desperately.

"I'm not."she responds and looks away.

"Rav-"

"No,quite investigating me for fuck sake."she cuts of and walks out of my room.

I know she is hiding something but she just won't tell me.I'm just going continue with what I was doing,then to waste time.

"Raven where the fuck is Amaya?"My mother yells at me while I enter

"Mom,I just got here..I don't know."If only she knew I'm worried as she is right now,but her worries is further much more different compared to mines.

I'm not looking forward to kill anyone.

I walk up the stairs avoiding further questions and her words stop."Don't stab me in the back.I trust you too much for you ruin my plans."

I turn my back around to face and nod my head and give her small fake smile."I would never."

I quickly run up the stairs and enter Charnelle's room and fall on her bed on my face.

"Amaya ain't home?"

"As you can see..Clearly no,she is not."she responds and I sigh.

"Can I ask you something?"

Oh my word no.

"What's going on between you and Amaya?"she asks.

"What do you mean?"I ask her slightly confused.

"I mean when you guys are speaking,it's either you tell me to leave of when I enter when you guys are speaking.Yall end up being quiet."she says.

"Oh."

I really don't know how she wants me to respond to that.

"Wow so 'oh' is all you got to say.Raven are you hiding something from me,because if you know you are then please tell me."

"I'm not."I lie.

"Rav-"

"No,quite investigating me for fuck sake."I cut her off and walk out her room annoyed.

What wil I do?I ask myself in my head.

Amaya is not even picking up her calls and I don't know where she is.

I hope she will call me back as soon as possible.