Chapter Thirty-One

I enter my room and close the door behind me

I enter my room and close the door behind me.I sit on the floor,with my back against the door.Evergthing is just too much for me too handle.

I just got here like two days ago and just found out that the person that accepted me with both arms without any hesitation is my Aunt.

It's hard to believe,but somehow it feels like the truth.I even have an older sister.

For some reason in my heart,I feel very much excited to know that I found my family from my mother's side.

I really don't know how to feel to be honest,I'm having mixed emotions

After eighteen years of feeling alone and thinking I'm her only daughter and child,I have a sister that my mom gave birth to.I share a mother,with someone.

I don't know what to do.

Should I cry that I always thought I was alone,or be excited because I found my real family?

"I have an aunt."I mutter to myself astonished,and come to think of it;I didn't even realise that she looks and acts acts like my mother.

'Is this meant to be?'I think to myself.

I know I'm not hallucinating.
I can feel it in my heart and those pictures of mother explain a lot,so there is no way this is not real.

I quickly get up from the floor and walk to the bathroom.I look at myself in the mirror feeling different,I even forgot that I did my hair.

I smile at the thought that my older sister did my hair,revealing my dimple.

"Oh my gosh."I whisper and wash of the dried tears off my face.I quickly dry my face and moisturise it feeling better and nervous.

I can't stay in here for too long.I have to get myself together and be strong.

I take a deep breath in,making my chest rise and fall back into place.

I remove my gown and throw it onto the bed.I open the door and walk downstairs to see Amihan placing the plates on the table.

I walk towards her and gently take the rest of the plates and place on the table in a pile.

"Can I hug you?"I ask her my voice coming out wobbly."What kind of question is that?"she playfully questions and tackles me into a huge hug.

I feel very much comfortable in her arms.There is something safe about being in her arms.

She rests her head into the crook of my neck and I realise that I'm taller than her but she is the older one.

"I love you."She whispers.

"Well...I love you too."The three words never come out of my mouth easily,but today it just came out quicker than usual and it was straight from the heart .It's the fact that everything is happening so quick and I'm adapting to its pace.