The Marks

"Jane wasn't supposed to tell anyone, now we all know." Lukas facepalmed while taking a seat on the picnic table. A couple members of the softball team had moved a picnic table behind the school. It was a childish joke, but no one had moved it back yet.

"Look, Max might not be like us anymore. But, she's still someone we care about." Will started, then looked at Mike. "If it were me and Mike in this situation, I'd want Mike to tell you guys."

"Well, Max doesn't like anyone knowing her business, especially shit like this." Lukas was very defensive. Max was no doubt freaking out already because Lukas knew, and then told Jane. She might drop dead if she knew Dustin, Will, And Mike now knew too.

"Alright, but listen." Dustin started speaking. He was always somehow the most immature but logical. He knew how to have a good balance. "You noticed scars on Max's arms. You know she's struggled with suicidal thoughts before. There's a good chance she's suicidal. So, it's a good thing we know. This is life or fucking death. This is the kind of secret that kills you if you keep it."

Lukas couldn't argue with Dustin, he always won. "Well...I was going to deal with it quietly, with Jane's help. Why do we all need to know?"

"This kind of thing is only treated with love." Will spoke from his oversized heart. "And, we love Max. Even though she's...not our type of friend anymore."

Lukas nodded. There was no denying it, they all loved Max in one way or another.

DING

Max😖🍳

Max: I'm going to kill and skin you.

Lukas: Would you of rathered I have the conversation with you?

Max: Who knows? I'm pretty sure Jane told Will.

Lukas: She did...everyone kind of knows now. I'm sorry.

Max: You fucking asshole!

Max: How could you?!

Lukas: I'm worried! I only wanted Jane to know. I know you hate me showing you any type of care.

Max: Stay out of my business.

Max: I wish I never gave you a chance.

Max: Get over it. Stay away from me.

"Who are you talking to?" Mike wondered.

"Max..." Lukas put his phone away. "She's pissed..."

"What are we going to do?" Will leaned on Mike for comfort. "We can't just forget it."

"We can leave an anonymous note for the counselor. That way we don't get more involved than this." Lukas suggested. That was probably the best route to take, without getting murdered by an angry redhead.

"Sounds good to me." Mike agreed.

"Yeah." Dustin nodded. "The counselor will handle it from there and contact her parents."

Lukas immediately panicked. "But, maybe we should just handle it ourselves?"

Dustin huffed, "Make up your damn mind!"