Annie, are you okay?

The next morning, Max should've been in the hospital. Comforting her mother and going to see her sister in the NICU. However instead she was shopping for necessities her mom neglected to get. She put another box of diapers in the cart and sighed. "You really shouldn't be doing this..."

"I want to." Lukas was going to pay for the stuff, doing good made him happy anyway. Plus, who could just let a baby go without?

"You're amazing...you know that?" Max pushed the cart slowly through the baby aisle.

"You're amazing too." Lukas smiled.

Max picked up a tiny stuffed elephant with a pacifier attacked to the end. "Is this the cutest fucking thing ever or is it just my pregnant mind?"

"That's pretty fucking cute." Lukas took it from her and played with it's floppy limbs. "I think our baby would like it."

"Ours?"

Lukas poked her stomach. "Don't forget about ours just because you have a sister now."

Max glared and stepped back. "Touch my stomach again and I'll bite you."

"Sorry-" Lukas put the stuffed animal in the cart. "I forgot it's been aching a lot today."

"It's okay." Max didn't stay mad long. She looked into the cart at the stuffed animal. "Honey, you think we'll actually have a baby...or this just a weird dream?" She joked, but it still did feel surreal to her.

"We're definitely having a baby." Lukas set his hand on her back. "I'm terrified, but honestly...pretty eager."

Max nodded with a sad smile. "I don't want you to be disappointed if it's not yours..."

"I won't be, I'll be sad. But not for long."

Max felt a wave of sad wash over her, but she let it pass and then she smiled happily at her boyfriend. "Are you working later?"

"Yeah, unfortunately."

Max pouted but then got an idea. "I'll cook for you."

Lukas laughed. "Oh?"

"Your mom has been teaching me how to cook, I'll make dinner. And after you eat I can rub your back. You like that."

Lukas tilted his head. "Is it my birthday?"

"No. I just love you. You've been doing so much for me. It's time for a night all about you."

Lukas laughed lightly and put an arm around Max. "Aw, Sweetheart. Does that mean I get to pick a movie for us to watch before bed?" Lukas and Max had very different tastes in movies. Max liked more action, thrillers, anything that put her on the edge of her seat. Lukas was more about heartfelt stories about sports teams.

"Mhm, and I'll rub your back." Max smiled up at him. "And just in case you want to make moves, I've been feeling less sore down there. I'm open for business. Long as you don't touch my stomach."

Lukas shushed her as another couple walked by. "Don't say you're 'open for business' out loud like that."

"What, jealous?" Max giggled.

"I just don't want you to embarrass yourself." Lukas kissed the top of her head. "And I'd like to be your only customer tonight."

"So you ARE jealous."

"I'm not jealous."

"Not even of Abi?"

"No, we've been through this..." Lukas stopped to put a bottle of baby powder in the cart. "I should be asking Abi for ideas."