Fourteen

"Food is amazing here." I comment, wiping the shrimp sauce off my lips.

Shawn whispers something under his breath and sips on his white wine. The alcohol quenches him as his Adam's apple bobs at the feeling. I look away, I don't want to be caught staring at him. I dig my fish fork into the last shrimp in search for a perfect small bite and dip the white vinegar sauce served with it. It tastes like heaven.

Eventually, I finish my food and get hold of my soda that is still fizzy. I bring the glass up to my mouth and drink a heavy sip. I mean I too can drink but not now that I have to work in the afternoon. Hopefully, they won't be that sober afterwards. Isaac only ordered some vodka.

A waiter dressed in a tuxedo that emphasizes his masculinity approaches our table.

"Not to disturb you, here's your bill." He poses it on our table. Just as Isaac's about to grab it, I take it instead.

"It's okay. Don't sweat it." I reassure him.

His soft lips stiffen, forming a line as he looks over to Shawn whose brows are raised.

I check the price and scoff loudly. Shawn fakes surprise and sniffles sarcastically . Isaac's probably drowning in his phone. My eyebrows frown as I curse in a whisper.

"I think we got the wrong bill." I manage to utter.

Isaac snatches it from my hands and views it.

"It's the right one." He mutters oddly, but calm. He doesn't seem to be surprised at the $1,800 bill in front of us. I'm practically the only one that ate something! Shawn ordered some sushi and the rest was some damned beer bottles.

"It's time to leave." Isaac says checking his wristwatch. I feel like snatching it away and selling it so that I can pay for this stupid meal.

"This is absurd. I'm not paying 1,800 dollars for one meal seance!" I say, crossing my arms angrily against my chest. I look away. I really don't want to look at Shawn, especially cause I know he is looking at me since he's giggling like a five year old.

"You were gonna take the bill, last time I checked."

"Well, I changed my mind! Aren't I allowed to do that?" I demand, fuming. What's even dumber is that my meal cost $30 and their stupid beer occupied the rest of the bill.

"I mean, what the fuck is so special about that shit huh?" I yell groaningly. Someone needs to calm me down. Some of the other clients turn to look at me. I shamefully turn to Isaac as a light blush flushes on my face. I blink, tucking a loose strand of my hair behind my ear cautiously that it doesn't get stuck in my earring.

"Follow me." Isaac tells us and shakes his head in unexplained regret. He puts couples of notes of a hundred dollars on the table. I'm sure that they're even more than what's required. I shouldn't give a shit though. So I follow him up, them up.

Like the usual, Shawn gets in the passenger's seat and me, in the back seat. My arm leans out of the car's window and my chin pressed on my elbow. I savor the light breeze and sigh, closing my eyes. The feeling gets even better as the car starts moving. Again, I observe the trees that are aligned on the pavement and the way the sunlight blesses them with the glow they have.

I inhale deeply. I could stay like this forever.

"Hey!" Isaac snaps me out of my golden hour. His intimidating gaze is on me, a side eye though.

"Huh?" I hum, wanting him to repeat whatever he's said before the 'hey' .

"Sorry about what happened in the hotel." He says. He sounds sincere but his voice tells a different story. His clear earring are gleaming under the afternoon sun.

I want to give him a piece of my mind but I hold my rage in. I can't find in myself the courage of talking to him that way. He parks in front of the building and I'm first one to get out. Lazily, I sit in my office and pick up to where I'd stopped. Half an hour passes and a knock disrupts my focus.

I look over to see Isaac's brother. Ivan. He's probably a year older than I am. He's also very good looking except that he doesn't have any beards .

"Can I come in?" He asks, sitting on my desk, next to my laptop.

"Well I guess you've given yourself a go!"

I joke, withdrawing my hands from the keyboard and leaning back in my office chair. He smiles lightly and runs his slim fingers in his flawless brunette hair. His black earrings match his black T-shirt perfectly. His jeans have some cuffs that meet his black and blue Jordans at his heels.

"Remember my name?" He asks, swinging his legs that are pending from the desk.

"It'd be rude not to. Ivan." I make sure to say it as Eevan, just as he likes it. I pick my sketch book and start making slight changes while talking with Ivan. He's a fun chatter.

"How did you feel when he asked you to marry him?"

The question makes me a bit pensive as I adjust to a better sitting position.

"Honestly, I had mingled feelings and I wanted to turn him down but my best friend told me to agree. And it's not that bad after all." I utter, shading a robe.

Ivan laughs and tells me.
"I'd have slapped the shit out of him! I mean who the fuck does that!" He sounds critical about it but it's not like I should care. I know how dumb it sounds so I laugh along with him.

"But Isaac's got great taste in women." It takes me a while to process his statement. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Tri!"

"Thanks," I mention, smiling softly.

Ivan jumps off the table and leaves. He's an amazing person. My conversation with him didn't sound like that of two people talking for their first time and it's awesome. A very awesome start.

A/N: I am so excited to post the chapter that is after this one and hopefully y'all will love it too so anyways, please vote for this book and comment 👍🤩