Sixty-two

Trisha's POV

I finish tying my hair up into a ponytail and stare at myself in the mirror. I sigh.

Isaac hasn't talked to me since that magical morning. I miss it. I miss us.

Nick drops me off to work and I enter the building impatiently. The smell of coffee and new pieces of fabric and cloth fills the air. Everyone here loves coffee.

"Good morning Mrs. Delaware!" Rachel, a French designer says, waving at me with a smile.

"Morning!" I say, waving back at her.

I take the elevator to go to my office and settle down. A note catches my attention. It is just a sticky note stuck on my desktop. I take it off and read it.

"Baby slick, make sure to call this number when you get this! Yours, GM"

My heart hardens at his initials. I nervously bite the tip of my nail as I think this through. I hesitate before calling him. I want to call him but my ego doesn't want me to. I should talk to Isaac. We may have spent quite a while but simply want to see him. For the past few days, he'd been my comfort zone and I believe that he still can be.

I get into the elevator and as its doors meet, my phone rings. I hesitate before picking it up, but I do. He knows where my daughter is.

"What?" I ask, my voice cracking instantly. I don't know how a stranger drives all my insecurities straight into me!

"Aw, Baby slick, are you crying?"

"What do you want!" I ask, sounding a bit bitchy. I sure shouldn't be acting like this to him. Especially because I know that he can murder.

"Sweetie, that sure is not very polite but I forgive you! After all I can't stay mad at that pretty face of yours!"

"That's not funny. And stop leaving notes on my desk."

"Quite a shame you didn't call. Hm! I guess I gotta get used to making the first step, huh?"

"Stay away from me!"

"Stay away from him!" He says, sounding serious. "He'll hurt you."

"Not as much as your torments and I know him in person so you don't have to worry about me."

"Ooh! Okay, slick who cried wolf! Don't say that I didn't warn you."

I hang up on him and storm into Isaac's office. I wanna talk, right now!

I stop, just two steps from the door. He is sitting in his chair, and some woman is tossed on his desk. They're both half naked.

I blink twice. I can't believe he's doing exactly what gentleman just told me. I hate that I didn't listen. I hate that I feel guilty. Why did I let him take over me?

"What're you doing here?" Isaac asks, tucking his muscular arms into his sleeves.

The girl looks at me as she devours her fingers with a lick. I wanna vomit.

"Oh! So I'm at fault to be here?" I scoff and turn around to leave.

"Trisha wait!"

"No! Just...leave me alone!"

I rush back to my office and settle my butt down to cry it out. Apparently, some people see me cause Isaac descends to my office a few minutes after me.

"Baby, can we talk?"

He asks, gripping the back of my neck.

"Please."

"I have nothing to say to you___"

"I do! And I'm sorry."

Oh please! He's barely buttoned his shirt and he's here to apologize already?

"It wasn't like that! I swear she just..."

"Oh right? That's what you said to her about me too?" I ask him, getting up and packing some of my stuff into my purse.

"Trisha."

"I loved you but you don't have to treat me like I'm some girl that's obsessed with you. When I see a flaw, I recognize my mistake and make sure that I don't do it again."

I push him aside and head out.

I feel so betrayed but now it all makes sense. He never said he loved me back and he never asked me out. He's just there to fuck. No strings attached. I bite the tip of my nails as I head out, dialing an Uber.

I don't know what I should do. I just want to go far.Far, far away!

I stand outside, under the sun, waiting for my Uber driver to pull up. My phone is almost out of battery so I switch it off. I'll pay cash anyway.

"Where do I take you madam?" The driver asks, turning the car on.

"Just...take me around for a trip in the city." I say, finally allowing myself to break down.

The driver looks at me through the rear view mirror and a sad grin curves his lips up. We both sigh.

"How much time do you want to spend in the car?" He asks, holding his breath in, and tapping his hand on his knees.

"Two hours." I say, with my voice fading.

The Uber driver nods and drives off. I can't believe how stupid I was to trust a motherfucker that looks like he's been a fucker all his life, though I can't entirely blame myself because he had made me so bound to him that it hurts me to see him with another.

Why am I talking about him anyway? I need something to distract me.

"Can we stop right there, for a minute? I want to__I want to buy some ice cream."

"Of' course." He says, pulling over in front of an ice cream stand.

I hop out and head to the stand. My phone buzzes from my back pocket and I slide it out lazily, I don't check who the caller is. I just have the guts to insult him back.

"What is it that you want?" I ask, tapping on the hazelnut ice cream page from the menu they've laid out on the table, and searching
for some money from my purse.

"Baby slick, I am too close that I can smell your fear now." He says, exhaling deeply.

"And what am I supposed to do with that piece of information?"

"I warned you but you didn't listen to me. But worry not, I'm about to make your day better."

"Don't talk to me." I say, before hanging up on him.

A/N: The next chapter has sexual content, rape and violence. You might wanna skip it.