Twenty-three

I wear a dark green oversized cotton sweatshirt and a tight and short white skirt with gold shaded large buttons . My hair is into a high ponytail, extravagantly exposing my forehead. My makeup is enticing if I judge so myself! Or maybe it's just that I'm showing a little appreciation for my own work. My masterpiece! I have a new manicure, baby pink nails with gold strapped lines decorating the pink brush.

Mr.Isaac is still laying down on his chaise, with some of his hair covering his perfect dark eyes. That's literally the sexiest part of his body. They make me want to kiss them. I just don't know how to handle what I'm living recently.

"Trisha?" Isaac murmurs with an exhausted groan. His long fingers are rubbing his eyes in an unmerciful way. I'm not very surprised. He's had a rough night after all and he came to sleep a bit late .

"Sir?" I respond, interlocking my silver necklace around my neck. Ricky customized the medal into an R to imply for his name. I can't hate him for that.

"Take my car. And don't talk to my aunt, even if she does try to converse." He cautions me, seizing my eye contact . I break it. I've always had a rumble in the stomach after eye contacts. They're just not my favorites, despite his beautiful eyes. "And don't worry, my aunt is leaving tonight so you'll get back into your room."

I nod nervously, with my lips forming a nervous smile at their left corner. My teeth don't show though. I just turn and hope not to catch a glimpse of his stare! Damn, he makes it so hard not to look at him and he doesn't even try! How?
_______________________
Ivan's POV

My door opens up and some footsteps marching towards me echo on the wooden floor. I close my eyes and cover my head to avoid any talks, especially because I think they'll eventually turn into lectures.

"Ivan, I want you to talk to me." Isaac's voice shakes me from my thoughts.

"I don't really feel like I need a lecture right now." I warn him, sitting up.

"Look, why're you for goodness's sake being abient? And what the hell happened to your arm?" He says, motioning his hand to my wrist covered with some bandage. My jaw hardens and I face away. I'm really not sure of what else I'd do.

"Does it matter?" I ask him, quenching my eye lids to dry the tears that want to form in the corners of my eyes.

"Of course it matters. I am your brother. Was it Karen? I swear I'm gonna kill her tonight."

"Isaac I really don't care, you have conflicts with my girlfriend, go fix them with her! I don't want you to interfere in our relationship." I say, getting out of bed. I'm standing angrily in front of Isaac.

"Ivan, I don't want you to get hurt. Karen's gonna ruin your life. She's not___"

"And are you planning to do any different? Isaac?" I say, interrupting him. "Already, telling me to break up with Karen is ruining my life. You don't even care about my feelings."

"That's because I care about you, Ivan!" He screams at me. His tone is tensed.

"I don't see that. Not anymore! And you know what? I don't need you to protect me!" I gasp and pant hardly. "You know what?...Just...leave." I cup my face within my palms and release light faint sobs moving away from him. Isaac scoffs and curses under his breath.

"Ivan___" I immediately interrupt him before he can say anything.

"Let me have some time alone." My broken arm stands in between us for him not to interrupt my personal space."Please."

I get back to my bed and exhale sharply only after he's slammed the door harshly. I regret everything I have said to him. I almost hate myself for being ungrateful for everything he's done for me. But when it comes to Karen, I always get overprotective. I don't even see myself anymore when I see her. Fuck!

I fall on the bed backwards and wrestle with the mattress. Shit! I'm annoyed by how insolent I was to him but again, Karen is my girlfriend. I can't help it but stand up for her.
__________________________

Trisha's POV

I started hating dinner the first day I arrived here. I mean why do they not all gather around here as a family for an hour or half of it to enjoy each other's presence? Everything that happens in the Delaware's estate is weird! I conclude. The table is set up for dinner, stuffed with food that can satisfy a whole village in Ukraine! Literally. And there's Trish ! All alone around it.

"At least the aunt isn't here again!" I say, reassuring myself, digging my fork into the noodles covered with white sauce. They taste as good as they look. Nicholas is the best chef in the world. Literally!

I finish eating my dinner and do the dishes. I like helping around, at least Nicholas can think of me as a useful brat and not like some lazy cow. Wait! Since when do I care about being called mean things? Huh?

I go up to Isaac's room to pick up my affairs. My hands are still wet so I wipe the rest of the water on my flared jeans and fix my top and jacket before knocking on Mr.Delaware's door.

"Who are you?"

"Sir?" I call out lightly . I feel like he's not in a mood to talk.

"What do you want?" His deep voice is aggravated and sounds a bit daring. I bite my lower lip for some bravery.

"I wanted to grab some of my affairs." I explain.

Silence crawls back in. I swear, if I were attentive a bit more, I could hear him breathe. Not that he's loud when breathing but come on, the whole corridor is void. I patiently wait, leaning on his door a bit for support. I can almost feel his glance on me. My knees are starting to wobble.

"Come in." He says. On second thought, I think it'd be better if I'd just stayed like this for a while longer but well, what's said is said.

Nervously, I twist the doorknob and push the door open. I close it again and turn to look around. At him. He's dressed into a black tight vest that hugs his outlined chest without flaws. His front hair lies nicely on his forehead acting like translucent drapes to his hazel eyes. He's seated in an arm chair with one of his legs hanging over one arm of the chair. He had an almost exhausted cigar between his fingers and a novel in the other hand.

"How was work?" He asks, minding the least he ever could.

"It was amazing." I respond, stuffing my clothes in my leather suitcase.

He hums ironically and I nervously chuckle it away. I turn to see if the laugh is mutual and instead, I meet a pair of hazel eyes drilling through my skin which seems to shrink in response. I quickly face away, my eyes fall on two enormous empty bottles of whiskey.

I exhale .

"Shawn's been taking care of everything." I explain awkwardly.

He lets smoke come out of his nostrils and then tells me.

"I bet."

A/N: How awkward would this be!!! Don't forget to vote and share! It's really of great help 👍♥️