Twenty-six

Isaac's POV

Saturday, 4:39 AM

¨I will give him a piece of my mind when he comes back.¨ I mumble back to Shawn.

My phone chimes loudly.

"Is that him?" Shawn questions with cocked brows.

"No, it's Robin. He says that Karen is not at her home nor is she at the club."

"Maybe they rented an apartment and moved in together." Shawn mumbles, theoretically.

My face pales up. I'm not going to stand this. I can't sit and see my only family ruin his life like this. I...

Shawn's phone rings.

"Hello?" He answers, shooting a hopeful glance at me. I approach him.

"This is the Alexandria Aswan medical institution. And we are calling to let you know that Ivan got into a terrible accident and is being taken care of from here."

"What are they telling you?" I ask him, not much concerned. I'm just worried about Ivan, that's all I care about for now.

"Ok, thank you. We'll be there in a minute."

Shawn's last sentence worries me.

"You're gonna tell me who the fuck that was." I say, out of wrath.

"First calm down, okay?"

"Was it Ivan? Where the fuck is he?"

Shawn exhales, he looks shaken by the news he's processing. I sigh, rotating my head in different directions. I'm nervous.

"Ivan...he got into an accident." Shawn, faces away and shuffles around a bit before coming back in front of me.

"What?" I ask him, not sure of what I just learnt.

"He's been taken to Alexandria Aswan medical institution."

"What?"

"Let's go see him." He seizes my arm and tries to drag me with himself. I resist.

"Ivan got into an accident?" "Why did they call you then? Why not me?"

"Is that what the real serious matter is right now? Ivan got into an accident."

My lower lips quiver and my hands are shaky and have softened. God, not Ivan. It's maybe not as terrible as Shawn made it sound.

I take my car quickly and drive off to my worst nightmare influence. I hate this place, I gotta admit it. It holds so many memories, those that I don't want to retrieve.

"You sure you can do this man?"

I roll eyes at him and my jaw muscles connect with each other. I'm a bit angry. I trace my jawline with my hand step out of the car. Shawn follows me while trying to contact the person that told us where Ivan was, a while ago.

"Hello? We're here to see Ivan." Shawn puts on speaker as to let me hear of their conversation too.

"He's in the emergency room. Nobody's allowed inside." She tells us.

I know where that is and I also know how to break the rules. I slide into the emergency room and spot Ivan in one corner. I don't have much time left until his doctor's arrival so I just seize this opportunity.

"Isaac." He winces painfully.

"Hey!" I say, glad that he's okay. "What happened?"

I hold his hand and rub my thumb on his smashed knuckles. His face is full of bruises.