Fifty-six

Trisha's POV

I finish the designs earlier than I expected myself to do and bring them to the examiner. I knock gently before twisting the doorknob and letting myself in.

"Good morning! I'm done with the Vuitton magazine." I say, handing her the written plan for the month's magazine. "I'll let you review it."

I turn to leave.

Shawn and I bump into each other at the exit. I mumble an apology but he just gives me a betrayed look and continues without a word. I must have hurt him, but at least I told him what he needed to know, the truth. And he made the decision himself anyway!

My mom would be so proud of me if I were a different person. She believes that I'm the most disoriented person she's ever met and yet I believe some of my "disorientation" has a lot to do with her. She's my mom after all!

Isaac had been away for a week now and I have tried my best to stay in the room and focus on work, otherwise Marie Gezelle would have woken the moods I don't like out of me. However he looks weary and not rested at all. I haven't talked to him. And I probably won't because we're not in a weekend and I have millions of projects to work onto .

I pour myself a mug of coffee. The smell of it is satisfying itself. I love coffee.

I scroll through my texts while sipping on my coffee. Isaac texts me a minute later. I probably have a good instinct.

-Come to my office

I reread the message, my thoughts suddenly disturbed. We haven't talked in a week and I have to admit that I'm somewhat nervous about what he has to say to me cause for the past few days, his absence drew him closer to my heart. Ricky is so pissed at me for ever breaking up with Shawn but it's not like I had a million choices anyway!

I get up and fix my hair, staring at myself in a mirror to make sure that I do it right. I take my purse and head to the elevator. I love that everyone here is so comfortable, I got so many new friends in a blink of an eye, though I don't like to talk to them a lot, I get to see them praise my art and that's practically all that keeps me going.

I close the door behind me and turn to face my boss. It's been a while since I saw that godly beautiful face with the right skin tone and a nicely shaved stubble.

"Hi." I say, smiling lightly. I hate that my facial expressions word out my entire feelings.

"Hey." He says, awkwardly. Oh boy! Not the blue!  Not the blue! "How've you been?"

"Good! How've you been." I should probably ask him where he was instead of repeating everything he says. I'm such a fool. I suck at talking to people that I like, this is probably why I had one friend in high school!

"I've been alright (sighs)."

"So?.." I say awkwardly, still thinking of literally anything I could ask him. I walk around nervously.

He has his lips curved up into a bullying grin that I can't resist and for some reason, I let him into my head so easily. He doesn't even have to want to get into it. I just let him.

"I was in New York for a while, I wanted to meet a friend."

"Oh." I say nodding warmly. I don't know why he's telling me this. "You didn't call." I say, under my breath. I don't know what the hell is wrong with my brain. "I was worried."

"(Sighs) Come here." He says.

I walk towards him, my lips pressed hard against each other. Isaac pulls me by my hips and wraps his arms around my waist. He doesn't let me go, instead, I sit on his laps and find my eyes interlocking with his.

"I'm sorry I didn't call. I would have loved to call if I'd gotten the chance to do so."

He draws his lips on to my knuckles and kisses them.

"It's okay." I say, brushing a loose strand of my hair away with my other hand. I look kinda nervous, anyone would.

"What's wrong baby?" He asks, interlocking his fingers around me this time.

"It's just that I..uh..!" I take clearing my throat as an alibi to find an excuse. "I feel bad about Shawn and..."

"I don't want you to think of yourself as the guilty one Trish, you were honest with him and not a lot of people could do what you did."

I hum at him. There's nothing he can tell me that can change my mind. I know it's my fault and I should apologize even though I don't want to fix things between us. No more tension.

"I love you, okay?" He whispers to my ear sending chills down my spine. His eyes drill through my skin as I watch him through the corner of my eyes. His hazel eyes make me believe anything that he would say. Especially since his soft lips are rubbing themselves on my vulnerable neck.

He loves me. He just said it.

I run my hand into his beautiful brunette hair to make him stop the whole 'hooking up in his office'.

"You don't have to like me back. You just have to know that I love you."

I can't believe that I'd been told the exact same words by his best friend few weeks ago. This time they hit different. And I know deep down that it was worth the wait.

Shawn gets in the office as well. I quickly get up and stand by Isaac's desk.

"The investors are here to talk." He says, glaring at me.

Guilt.

Isaac holds my hand in his and says.

"Let them in. I'd love to hear from them!"

Shawn's smirk meets Isaac's and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to question their friendship after I told Shawn the truth. Their friendship is weirdly strong. They can't trade it up for some pointless drama. And I find that attractive.

A/N: I'm so sorry for not giving you what you're looking for right now but stay tuned! Vote, and comment.