Forty-one

I wake up wasted, around 11pm. My boss is almost naked and passed out too, right next to me. I have few bruises on my thighs and apparently down the lining of my neck too. I suddenly don't want to recall what happened. I really hope that nothing happened!

I pick a bottle of water and soak my parched throat. Then, I pour the rest of it on my face, trying to slap myself awake.

I get back in the room and shut the light off. I adjust myself in my usual 'face the wall position.' and lay down sweetly. Isaac moves a bit closer, close enough to wrap an arm around me. His hot exhalations collide with my neck making my knees wobble like melted chocolate chips.

"Uh? Sir." I say, putting his arm away from me.

"What?" He says with the croakiest voice I've ever heard.

"You're cupping me up." I mutter in complete hesitation.

"You insisted that I do this and now you're complaining."

"Sir, I have a boyfriend."

"Then you should have asked him to fuck you instead!" He says, laying on his back, bored.

I sit up rapidly, in horror and face him.

"You did what? You had sex with me."

"I wouldn't see it that way. I only used my fingers."

I blink twice.

"You did that?" I ask, literally fuming at him.

"You said you wanted to have sex and that's part of my job as your husband ."

The only thing I can think of is Shawn's reaction after finding out that I'm cheating weeks after our first date. I'm a jerk. I know that now.

"I'm a bad person."

"You're not." He says lighting a cigarette up.

I crawl back on bed and curb myself in the coziest spot though I'm kind of next to him.

"Why would you say that? I just cheated on my perfect boyfriend."

Isaac scoffs and says.

"What's right isn't always what we need. Besides, define a bad person again?!"

"Look, I appreciate your help, I do, but I could really much like it better if you'd just keep your distances. I want to make things work with Shawn cause I really care much about him."

"But I care about you." He remarks.

"Not quite enough for these kinds of relationships . And I don't think it's good for my job. I'm sorry."

"My bad." He whispers, under his smoky breath.

I sleep worried about Shawn and I know I should tell him. Keeping this a secret would ruin the trust he has in me if he ever found out.

Isaac falls asleep before me and I turn to face him now that I have nothing to lose. He's perfect I admit, but personally , Shawn is a better match.

I sleep deeply and wake up around 6 AM. I slide out of the bed quietly, not to wake Isaac and get into the bathtub. I brought my clothes with me to dress up from here.

It takes me around forty minutes to get ready. I look elegant in a purple top with bubbly sleeves and white palazzo trousers with a matching belt, some wedges and sunglasses. I've put on light makeup and it looks better than heavy makeup I'd put on in the party of our wedding.

Nicholas is working in the garden so I plead him to drop me to work.

I'm early, so I get time to grab breakfast on my way and call Ricky. He's still recovering from his nightshift so I only tell him what happened with Isaac and schedule a call later in the afternoon.

The weather has been psychotic in Maine! I hate that my whole life still revolves around that place. I came here to clear my damned mind up but it looks like it looks like I am the problem cause even on another continent, I don't feel very safe.

My phone rings. I usually don't answer my phone at work but since my computer is still refreshing itself, I have to take this one.

"Trisha Maine De Vil, who're you?" I say, sitting in a relaxed position.

A man chuckles menacingly on the other side of the phone.

"Dearest enticement!" He chuckles, his voice deepening. He has an Italian grave accent.

"Who are you? Can I help you."

"Unfortunately no! And uh! Where are my manners. My name is Gentleman."

"What...what do you want? Who are you?"

I ask, trying to get some clearance out of him.

"Jude told you about me, I suppose." My heart drops. Horror shakes me up as chills run their way down my spine. My heart beats faster

"What do you want from me?" I ask, lowering my voice.

"Hmm? I don't know ! What do you offer, my love?"

"I am not your love." I say harshly, my eyes brutally get blurred out by my tears .

"Of course. What do you prefer? Peach? Like Richard Choyster? Or Tiki like Jude?"

"How...how do you...?" I stall. I don't even know what to say. I want to hang up on him.

"Now listen to me carefully." He mutters with a threatening tone. "I know where Richard lives, I know where Chani is and I know what you did with Isaac last night and it drove me crazy. Shawn would be too happy either. So if you block or report my contact, I won't be any tender."

He laughs lightly and mimics some words in Italian!

"I will be soon in touch my love. (Kisses)"

I bury my head in my palms and sob defeatedly. I don't find any contact information from that number, instead, I find nothing at all. I can't call the police on this one. And Shawn doesn't have to know about this cause I'd sound so irresponsible about my own body.

"Hey? You early!" Shawn says, sipping on my coffee and kissing on my forehead.

"Hey Shawn. I have a confession to make."

Shawn turns and faces me.

"I know you love me, Tri! You don't have to repeat it to me every time! I'm kidding, say it everyday!"

I sigh and look at the ceiling for some courage.

"What is it?" Shawn asks, sounding worried. On second thought I don't want to do this. Whatever we have, I don't want to ruin it.

"It's nothing!"

_______________________________
A/N: This is actually where the book begins!