Forty-seven

Shawn and I take different cars to grab lunch. We're forced not to be close at work cause everyone expects me to be dating, rather, married to my boss.

My phone rings a minute later and I put it on speaker to focus on the road and take the call at the same time.

"Hello?"

"Darling!" a man's voice says in an Italian heavy accent; "How are you, my love"

My heart becomes a lot more heavier. I sigh softly, yet tensed.

"Who is this?" I ask, worried. I lower the speed of the car, trying to avoid any accidents.

"(long lazy sigh) You like to play? don't you, baby girl?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You'd stop the games if you knew that I am alone with our daughter." he threatens.

Adrenaline rushes down my spine as I immediately stop the car, ignoring the queue behind me.

"What is it that you want from me? Huh?"

"What I want? (hums pensive) ooh! I know. I want you in my fucking bed for the rest of your days. I wanna wake up with you trapped with me forever and actually enjoying my company, and I want to kill every man that wants to look at you more than two seconds."

"You're a psychopath!" I say, getting scared.

His seductive laugh echoes on the other side of the room. I can not believe that I find his voice seductive. Fear has always made things attractive.The cars behind start to beep at me, making me realize that I'm causing traffic.

I accelerate a bit trying to focus on the road and stop in front of a "road under construction" poster. I pick my phone and realize that my hands are actually shaking.

"I love it when you're angry, It makes me want to fuck the shit out of you." he chuckles lightly.

"What's the whole point of you doing this? Why do you want to ruin my life so bad? What did I ever do to deserve this?"

Tears welled up in my eyes start to shatter down on my jeans. I feel so broken down

"I know for a fact that no man will ever love you like I do. And trust me baby, I will do anything to prove that to you." he says, sounding profound.

I don't even know if I should feel safe or panic.

"How long have you been out there for me?" I ask, sniffling. I have never felt this unsafe before.

"Why don't you find out?" he says and hangs out at the end of the call.

I dial his number again but the call doesn't go through.

Venice, Italy

Someone's POV

I moan lightly sitting in an arm chair, slurping on my wine glass.

"She's fine sir." My messenger says.

"Very well then."

"But umh...(hesitates) She...um...she's on a date now, with Shawn."

My fists tighten but I clench my jaw instead. I manage to pull out a sarcastic smile.

"That naughty bird ." I exclaim myself, a jealous grin tracing its way on my left cheek. "I'll have to teach her a lesson."

"I shall leave you here then." He says, grabbing his phone.

He tiptoes towards the door and leaves. I stare at a picture of Trisha that she had uploaded on her instagram, the night before her wedding with Jude. Her dress looked simple but modest and her light makeup illuminated her beautiful face. Her pretty eyes were staring elsewhere, which I considered as a sign of nervousness. Her faint smile warms my heart out. I don't like it though, I hate being weak.

I curse in Italian and break a glass of jack Daniel's. Anger knows how to get to me, and in someways, I fucking can't control it.

I chew on the inside of my cheeks trying hard not to pierce my own flesh. I hate that love is something that I can not control. I want to murder her but then I also want her around so fucking much. The nights I made love to her haunt me. The urge to do that again makes my heart tighten and my dick harden.

But then, the time left before our next reunion lessens everyday. That should be reassuring, right?

Trisha's POV

I secure my french braids with some hair elastics and wear an oversized shirt to match my baggy blue jeans.

Ricky told me that my mom was transferred back to their department which I don't find good at all. I mean, she's probably going to torment the poor guy to give her my address, little does she know that I'm not even on the same continent anymore.

The words of that psychopath echo through me.
What I want? ooh! I know. I want you in my fucking bed for the rest of your days. I wanna wake up with you trapped with me forever and actually enjoying my company, and I want to kill every man that wants to look at you more than two seconds."
My heart still hurts from the trauma. What if he actually does something to my baby? What if he was actually telling the truth? What if I'm really endangered?

A million what ifs cross my mind as I descend the stairs, leading to the cloister. I want to have a good time in the garden. And today, I'm not going to work. Not because of the psychopath though! I woke up having the worst knee cramps in the whole entire world.

Dad used to massage my knees as I cried my soul out, when I was in middle school. I bet he never wants to see me again now. I know that he'd not look at me for two seconds now. And I can not blame him. Not after how bad I insulted and humiliated him the day I threw myself out, to live with Jude. Maybe I should've listened, maybe i shouldn't have left, maybe I !

A/N: more coming in !!!!