Ninety

Isaac's POV
Hot blood fills my ears as I pinch the temple of my nose. I'm having mingled feelings about everything! I didn't know that he still texted her, now I just read everything. He's been blackmailing my wife, under my roof for sometime now. And some things I just can't tolerate.

"How many times did he rape you?" I ask, leaning my weight on the counter I'm holding on. I don't know if I should look at her or if I shouldn't. I don't know if I should feel good about her not wanting to get me worried or if I should be mad for her not letting me know what she was going through, who she was dealing with.

She extends a hand to my tensed arm pressed against the counter but I tense at her touch. Deception. I feel deceived!

"Trisha you could've told me!" I say, frowning."We could've talked to the police, shit would be over by now. That perverted asshole would be in jail by now."

She sits down on a chair, tears pricking down her flushed cheeks. I hate it when she cries, and I hate that I can't be mad at her. Least not when she's crying.

Hesitant yet determined, I walk up to her and squat in front of her, holding her hands in mine. She sniffles and exhales shakily. "I'm sorry. I don't think I deserve anything from you, let alone dating you..."

"Easy there darling, I'm not mad at you." I whisper, brushing her tears away with a gentle rub of my thumb on her flushed cheek. The thumb descends up to her chin as I gently tilt it to fix her gaze to unto my very own. Her brown eyes stare at me, studying each pore on my face, each detail and each scar. I am mesmerized, I can barely breathe with those eyes looking at me. They're radiant and definitely breathtaking.

"I'm not mad at you, Trisha Maine." I mutter, glaring into her eyes before swearing. "I was earlier. However, I'd like you to be completely honest with me. Don't you ever hide anything from me. If you're going through something, talk to me!"

"But..."

"I'm your husband. I vowed to protect you, and I can't protect you if you can't let me." I say, my eyes burning with anger. I want to be alone. I can't leave her here though. She'd cry her soul out.

Silence roams all over the place, with my thumbs sweeping over her knuckles. She's looking down at her hands, and it hurts that I can't tell what's going on with her.

"He's the father of my daughter, Isaac." She suddenly says. With a deep sigh, she lifts her face and glares at me. "Chani needs a blood donor." I dare not to interrupt. I have to know what's going on and if I speak, she would feel unheard. "David said it'd be better to get the blood from a family member and I can't be her donor." She sniffles, the blush in her cheek spreading to her nose as well. "That means she had the same blood as gentleman."

"What...what does that mean? Can't we find a donor out of the family? I'm sure we can find a match..."

"You don't understand!" She says, her voice pitched highly. I can almost feel the fear in her eyes that are pinned on my face. I want to drown in her eyes one day. "The gentleman knows and he said he'd kill you if I get another donor part from him."

I blink twice, thrice.

"What?" I ask, flustered. My gaze is suddenly blank, idle.

She sniffles again, her grip on my hands tightening. "He wants me to divorce you in order to donate."

Her words ring bells in my head!
He wants me to divorce you in order to donate.
Bullshit!
I'm not going to accept this. He's going way too far in whatever he's playing. He has money and he was once my boss but this's gotta come to an end. I won't let him have her. I'd be too dumb to let that happen.

Her hand grabs my jaw, making me feeble. The muscle relaxes at her touch.

"I love you Isaac. I really care about you but I can't lose my daughter. She's going to die if I don't let him.."

I press my thumb against her rosy lips, blocking any word she was going to say because I can't handle whatever she wants to cut our relationship with. I'm done giving up on her.

"I don't care about whatever threats he made you swallow but I'm going to repeat this again until you understand that I mean it!" I press my lips against her forehead and say "let him kill me, we will get our daughter treated and we'll worry about me later." I say, pulling her up to her feet and hugging her.

Her grasp on me is weak and lenient. She never wants me to leave, and I pretty much want the same. Her tears drench my shirt as I stroke some strands of her hair at the back of her head.

With a sly smile her eyes study me. She hugs me again, before pulling me in a kiss bottled up  with all kinds of emotions. Fear, anger, love, indecisiveness, regret...fatigue. Trisha's hand snakes around my neck as she hurls me into the cushioned chair behind me. Her knee is pressed between each of my thighs as she breaks down in tears, not breaking the kiss.

Breathlessly, we memorize each other's pattern, our lips syncing and our tongues rolling rhythmically. My hand mounts up to her thigh, pressing it against mine while the other holds her waist right against my chest. Her lips descend unto my jaw kissing every pore, and the stubble clothing my jaw. I can barely breathe. I can barely do anything!

She pulls apart, forcing me to let her go as well.

"This isn't good! The gentleman will..."

"Screw what he says, wife! He can be mad all he wants."