Chapter 2: Not my city

-Kate pov-
It's been a few days since I almost killed Peter. I am sitting and staking out a robbery in progress. I need to find the best time to stop them. I quickly zip down when I see they have grown violent.

The biggest of them has a guy at gunpoint right now. The guy has a black eye from running his mouth at the beginning. I am about to enter in when I get tackled and almost knocked unconscious. I groan and turn over to see a humanoid rhino above me.

He snarls as he picks me up. I am limp and in pain. I think he broke something. He moves me to where he is holding me by my hair. He moves us to the street where news and media have started to show up.

"I want all to see" He holds me up before slamming me head first into the ground "I am not a simple fool! This little girl is not on my level! Where is the Spider-Man?!"

I am picked up again and taste blood. My right eye is blurry so I just close it. There is a ringing in my left ear right now. I am hoping Clint is on his way to save me.

I will take any Avenger right now. Someone just to save me. The police are hiding behind their cars. I need a hero.

"He....he is not coming" I am moved to face him "I hurt him.....he is in a medical facility"

"Then you shall be an example" His grip tightens and I scream in pain "Watch her die Spider-Man! WATCH HER DIE!"

I am about to be punched when his fist stops. We both are confused until he is yanked backward. I watch him get dragged and then flung by Peter. I am in awe as he moves.

He moves like he is not hurt. He takes a small detour to stop the burglary before focusing on the rhino. I feel someone touch me and see it is Steven. Why is he not helping Peter?

"It is important he shows strength" Soon Peter is thrown and lands a few inches a way from us "But that was too far"

Steven hands me to Clint and flies up. He does some magic and cages the rhino. Steven starts to land when I see something fly at him. I can not respond in time and neither can Wanda.

A guy with a tiger jackwt has him and they land on the road. The Rhino gets free and starts to charge at us. Wanda glows red and picks him up. She throws him at a lamp and wraps him up.

"Thank you" the man who tackled Steven walks toward the Rhino with a knife "Easier hunt"

"Hell no!" Peter is back and web throws the man away "That is a human! You will not kill him! You will not kill anyone in my city! I was gone but now I am back! This is New York and I will protect it till my last breath!"

"I may arrange that" The knife turns into a spear as he walks toward Peter "Call your friends off and prove you are the true protector bug"

"Stay back" Steven seems hesitant before he nods and comes over to beside us "I win you leave for good"

"Fair" The man smirks "I win and I get both of you animals"

"Deal" Peter gets in a fighting stance "Let's dance"

The two start fighting and we are left watching. We are left waiting to see what happens. Peter is nowhere near even 50% healthy. It shows when he gets hit by the man.

Soon enough the injuries start to show and Peter is on the ground. His suit is tore in many places. This man is going to reveal Peter again but dead. We can not let this go on.

I don't know when I start but soon I am running. I can hear someone's voice but I ignore it. I just keep running forward. I feel stuff wrap around me but I push through.

I push through until I feel something in me. I look down to see the knife staff sticking through my body. I look at Peter and see the wide eyes. The knife is pulled out and I fall down.

The world is growing fuzzy as I start to lose consciousness.

-Peter pov-
The images of May dying play in my head again. I have let another innocent person get killed because of me. Because I was too weak to defend them. I stagger up as the man laughs at us.

"She was a stupid girl" He licks the knife and then snarls at me "You shall join your bride in death"

"You will burn in hell" He growls and goes to stab me but I catch the staff "You stole vibranium"

He is about to speak when I start breaking it. His eyes go wide but not from fear. It is excitement for the hunt. He lives for these moments. I goes to punch me next and I catch the fist.

This time I see fear in his eyes. I crack his wrist with ease. He growls but no scream. He deserves to scream out in pain.

He deserves to be taken down for good. But I am not the executioner. I have no right to judge that. But Wakanda can take him to jail.

I pull him into me and take him down with a solid punch. His jaw will be broken for a while. I look to Steven to get him where he needs to go. Instead I have a different mission.

I pick up the girl and web her wound. Her heartbeat is faint but there. I start swinging us away for the nearest hospital. Once inside I know they want to ask but they stay silent.

They take her away and I slump against a wall. Waiting to know she made it out of this. Cause if she did not I will break a promise. A promise not to kill anyone.

If she dies, so does he.