Chapter 3: Failed

-Peter pov-
She is still asleep after making it through surgery. She is still asleep after what happened because of me. Because of someone coming after me she suffered. I step away from her and limp to the window.

I am about to jump out and swing when a throat clears. I turn and see Pepper standing there. She is with Happy in the doorway. I turn and sit on the window to face them.

They both walk in and close the door. They move seats and sit in front of me. I feel like I am in detention right now. They both look at me and their faces are very readable.

"Peter you have lost so much in your life" I look away from Happy "Kid you have lost Tony, May, Ben, your friends forget you, and you never even got to meet your parents....its ok to be upset Peter but please! Please do not hold it all in!"

"I had no one to go to" I look at Happy and shake my head "I am fine truthfully and I need to get to work"

"Tony left a high position for you at Stark Tech" I look at Pepper confused "It is an easy job Pete"

"You just got to remember who I was" I stand up again and shake my head "You want what Tony had not who I am now"

I turn to jump but get stopped "What about her?" I do not turn around "I know that you would not abandon her! That is not you kid"

"Like I said" I shoot out a web and shake my head "You don't know who I am now"

I take off out the window and swing through the city. I stop when I get to the cemetery. I walk straight to her grave as tears begin to fall. I fall with them to the ground.

I wrap my arms and body around the tombstone. It should have been me not her. She was the best woman in the world. Now she is gone and will never get to see what I do.

I can never get you pay her back. I will never be able to get us out on our trip around the world. I failed her and this city. I failed everyone and it is all my stupid fault.

I get pulled out of my tears by sirens driving past quickly. I wipe my tears and head on my way. I speedily swing after getting my mask on. I have not gone home to fix my destroyed suit yet.

I swing after the police and my spider sense goes off. But I do not see what is about to happen. That is when it all happens. Cars exploding and launching into the air while people scream.

There is laughter that sounds like Norman. I land on a building as everything slows down. People are outrunning the exploding cars. That us until a little girl falls.

I race time to make it to her. I am fingertips away when I am smashed in the side. I shoot a web to a lamppost I get thrown past hoping to save her. I crash into a wall and fall.

I look up to see a blurry orange hooded goblin. I stumble to my feet as he laughs. That laugh stops me cold though. I have heard it before many times in my life.

I was the cause of that laugh for a while. The next thing I know, everything changes. I am no longer on the street. This is a Mysterio trick but he is dead.

Someone replicated him. Someone has done what he did with his tech. Difference is this was better done. I prepare for an attack when I see tons of female Mysterios.

So it is a lady who took his helmet and changed it. I feel a familiar calm with her though. Like she does not mean me any harm. That changes when I get punched by one of them and the others attack me after her.

I make my way out of the fight as red starts to blind me. Soon I am back to see the Avengers defending New York and the duo gone. I am almost checked on by Wanda but I push past. I run to the lamppost to find the kid.

I feel my heart fall when I see an empty string. I run to where the explosion happened and see her there. Her body is covered by a thin sheet. I fall to my knees, hearing the woman near her scream and cry.

I failed my city again. This time I know who did it. I know that laugh from anywhere. I swing off to where I know he was last.

While at Clints house, I picked through records and found a warehouse. I swing to the building and see the large door close. I sneak my way to it snd climb to the top. I quietly remove a ceiling tile and climb in.

I see only one of them here. She has her back to me. Her hair is messy and poofy. She moves her hands a makes a hologram of a guy about my height with a blurry face. He has darker hair then me and looks a lot like my body size.

"I will remember you" Her voice...no way is this her "I said I would and I will! I will remember you and we will become powerful! We will rule this world! Once I remove Ned from the equation and his psychotic need to kill to bring out that stupid Spider-Man!"

I hide as she turns and I see her face. The scar is still evident but hidden. I almost choke out a sob as she grabs her stuff and leaves. I made two villains out of my decisions.

I walk up to the hologram and see myself reflecting there. My enemies are now my former friend and girlfriend. I hear a ticking sound and look down. I tripped a damn wire.

I use my speed and webs to make it out and swing away. I have to figure out what my plan is now.

-??? Pov-
"Things just got interesting" I look over at my partner "Think we can do it?"

"Less of thinking we can and how we do" He sighs and shakes his head "They are depending on us"

I nod and we both head back toward our homes.